The Forrest Fight | Teen Ink

The Forrest Fight

November 17, 2011
By Anonymous

I was still alone, alone with my thoughts and feelings, frightened about the situation I was in. I hadn’t seen the faces of my kidnappers all day; I had almost forgotten how they looked like. They hadn’t given me food or drinks and I was starving. I was going crazy. The dark, grey, closed room was cold and I was scared beyond compare. I had never been in a situation like this, I was trapped and I didn’t know if I was ever going to get out of there. I knew that the instant that I saw any of the men getting close to me, I would launch myself towards them and try to kill them. I had never killed anyone but I felt crazy, out of control. Suddenly, the door opened and my heart stopped. Two smaller men came in, both carrying guns and before I noticed it, I was hitting and kicking them everywhere. I was pulling their hair and punching them in their stomachs as hard as I could. At one point they seemed breathless and then I really thought that I was going to be able to knock them out, but before I realized it they had punched me in the head and I passed out.

After about an hour and a half later I woke up. I wasn’t in the same place I was before, I thought they had just left me there and abandoned me but I wasn’t sure. I was lying on my back next to a lake. At first I thought I was free, but then I saw the black car about 100 meters away from me. They hadn’t abandoned me, what were they going to do with me? The air was cold, the ground was wet, and all I could think of was if I was going to survive or not. I couldn’t see any of them around me so I started to look around. I was really frightened; my heart was pounding so hard on my chest that I could even hear it. I started to look around but all I could see were dead leaves on the ground and many tall trees surrounding me, pretty much limiting the distance I could actually see. I could smell the fresh pine trees and I could hear the water from the lake moving, there was a boat parked near the shore. The sky was very dark and the weather was chilly. I knew it was going to rain, so I had to speed up my search to see if I could find my way out. After about 20 minutes of looking around, something finally caught my eye. It wasn’t a man, it wasn’t a car, it was a gun. A fully loaded handgun, I couldn’t believe it! It was just there, lying next to a tree. When I picked it up something rose from behind the tree. It was one of the men. Apparently it was his gun, and he looked pretty mad, I hadn’t even seen him behind the tree, I guess he was just chilling since he had a cigar in his hand. He was huge, I remembered seeing him the first time I actually got to be next to all the men who kidnapped me. I was extremely intimidated by him, but this time it was different. I had a gun and he only had his bear hands. “My time has come,” I told him. As usual he didn’t respond to me, but before I noticed it, he kicked my hand and the gun went flying away and landed far away from me. “F***!” I yelled. Then I sprinted towards the gun and when I finally reached it, we were face to face. The huge Latin man was just standing in front of me, his dark hair moving by the wind, he was wearing a golden chain, a dark suit, leather pants, and dark pointy shoes. I was holding the gun pointed towards his head and suddenly I felt powerful, I had control over him. I stayed a while looking at him. “Do you feel so powerful now?” he stayed there just looking at me without moving a muscle. But then he made a quick movement I didn’t see and punched me in the stomach, and without even noticing it, I pulled the trigger. The bullet sped towards him and hit him right in the head. It had been a reflex, I didn’t even think about doing it. It had seemed so natural, even though I had never killed anyone. Right after that I dropped the gun, walked towards the road, and it started raining. “Everything is over now,” I thought. I was finally free.