The Puppet Child (Prologue)

My name is Amy. I have no other, no second or third. Unlike the others I have read of only in my limited array of books, I am only Amy. It is all I have ever known.
I have never seen my face. I have only read descriptions of hair that matches colors in the room that is my world. Judging by the words that claim red is the color of many different things, I have hair the color of apples and oranges blended together.
I always wonder what my features are like. Like my eyes. Could they possibly be the color of water in a tub filled to overflowing? The color of leafs while they stick and remain on trees? The color of dirt in the summer time?
My nose; is it long, short, hooked, round, or potato-shaped? My ears; are they small, large, average, or elven? So many things I must wonder and imagine of myself. I picture myself with a heart-shaped face, my eyes the color of the untouchable grass, my nose pixie-like, and my ears elven. But all I know of my physical description is my tomato hair and paper white skin.
I have never seen another creature like me, but I know they exist. My books claim that there is six billion out there, somewhere. I know that cannot be possible, for even if so many things could fit on this world, I would have no doubt seen at least one by now. But no, I stay in my room. I must. There is no door, no trapdoor which opens under a hidden rug. There is only one window, a large balcony, but although I know nothing of measurements, the dizzying height that it is placed is enough to make me cross out the possibility of an escape through that way.

But I am not even sure if I really want to leave. Here I am safe; food appears for me every day when I am awake in the morning. According to what I have read, there are horrible dangers unimaginable just awaiting a simple girl like me to come walking by. However, when a rush of wind blows past my face, I cannot deny the tugging at my soul. The urge to be free.
I, Amy with the cherry red hair, walk to the large balcony window; the one source of sunlight in the moderately large room. Staring out the window, I bite my lip. Is there something else out there? Someone else? I sigh, and simply watch as the sun sinks below the horizon, painting vibrant hues across the blue sky.

Ninzi7525 said...
You are really great at explaining things with visual detail! Really made me stop to picture what she looks like.

EverlastingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
short, but really good(: i think you could make a longer story with this and have it turn out great. I love the details, and the mysteriousness lol ! keep writing! ! ! (read nd comment som of my stuff?thnx)