The Battle | Teen Ink

The Battle

There I was, standing in the middle of the park, unsure if I was doing the right thing. Unsure if I was going to win or loose. But then, if I would loose what would happen? Would he become me? All I knew at that moment was that I had to give it a try.

Then, I saw him coming. As he got closer I raised my weapon higher and higher.
“Hey brother, how’s it going?” I said with confidence.
“Hi, Jack. What’s going on?” he said, acting all innocent.
“Well I don’t know, why don’t you tell me? What are all those pains I’ve been getting since I was little? What exactly are you Jason?” I asked, almost whispering.
“Look all I know is that if you’re actually going to fight me, you are definitely going to loose. So, if I were you, I would run while I still had a chance.” he said, with a slight grin on his face.

This was it, my chance to attack. So I went for it! I threw the knife at him and it hit him. But somehow it didn’t harm him! I was shocked.
“See, now you don’t have a chance to run Jack. Say goodbye to your life brother.” he said.
I didn’t need a mirror to see my face at that moment because I could imagine it perfectly. My face went from a grin, to impressed, and finally, it ended in extremely scared. I didn’t know what I was going to do. But, the only thing I knew was that I had to do my best. He had to have a weakness, everyone does, I just had to find it.

But then, the pains started and that was when I lost all hopes. I felt weak, alone, and scared. There was no way I could beat him. He was right, I had to say goodbye to my life.

I looked over at Jason and he was distracted my some noise that was going on. So I got the chance to crawl over to a little pond near me and wash my face off with water.

After washing my face off, I started feeling stronger and stronger by the second. When I felt powerful I rose up from my feet. I wasn’t just ready to battle Jason, but I was ready to beat him. I got close to him, took my knife away from him and stabbed him in the back. There was no way that he couldn’t get hurt. But, amazingly nothing happened to him. “I’m telling you, stop wasting your time with a silly knife.” he said as he threw me against a tree.

I got up again and remembered that I had a lighter in my front pocket. Maybe that was it, maybe he could get burned, I thought to myself. So, I started burning a stick but it was taking to long so I ripped a piece of my sleeve and then I threw that at him instead. It fell right on his arm and he started screaming. He got as red as a tomato and at a point tears began to run through his face. When he shook the piece of cloth off a huge mark was left on his arm. That was when I knew that this fight was close to its end. But, Jason didn’t just let me attack. After I burned his arm he threw my knife straight at my face. Thankfully I have excellent reflexes and I managed to duck right before the knife could reach me. I could tell by his expression that he was impressed of my skills but I knew that he wasn’t going to give up quite yet. He came running towards me as fast as lighting, ready to punch me. But, right before his fist touched my face I turned on the lighter and put the fire right on his face. He fell and started to scream even harder than the last time. But, I didn’t loose any time staring at him. I took my shirt off and lit it up. Then I began throwing sticks at it. I had managed to make a pretty decent fire. Thankfully, Jason was still trying to get over the huge pain he felt in his face. So, I ran over to where he was and carried him to the fire. Lucky for me, he couldn’t even move so I didn’t really struggle much while taking him over to the fire. So, this is it. It all ends here. All those awful pains and this awful part of me will be finally gone. One, two, three. Without giving him another second of life, I threw him into the fire and saw as his body quickly cached on fire.