Bob the Dragon | Teen Ink

Bob the Dragon

By Duc To BRONZE, Johnston, Iowa
Duc To BRONZE, Johnston, Iowa

Bob is a real dragon; he has a birth place to prove it. He was born an unseemly place, in a swamp near a village. His shyness made him a sheepish dragon. He was a descendant of the dragon family of the north. When he grew he had some contact with humans. He liked them. The humans still were scared of the dragon family. This is the biography of Bob’s life.

Bob always was a visionary. He had the dream to venture out of his home to see new places. He wanted to be free and explore, not just sit around and listen to his mom dictate all the time. So he ate a lot to maintain his enormous, bulky figure to get ready for his adventure. He ate the minimal amount of fat as possible. He worked out every day and practiced flying as his mother instructed him to do. He soon got his muscles to look authentic. He was overjoyed with happiness. He thought “I’ll be able to go on my adventure very soon”.

When he was strong enough to go, he took all his belongings and portable things. He was a little bit teary eyed when saying good bye to his mom and dad. They wished Bob luck on his journey and told him visit them anytime. His mother inspected all his belongings to make sure he had everything. He aspired to be just as good a dragon as his parents. He wanted to make them proud. With one final good bye and a glamorous take off because of his practice and authentic muscles, he left. When he transited over his home border he turned around and gave one last look. Then he flew on to his adventure.

DeletedAccount, NA, Pennsylvania
Ooh yay! I love dragons and- I agree- I believe that they're not evil! You should continue this. It's really good.

Mortimer-Micheals-Jacob-Joyce GOLD, Edgar, Wisconsin

"And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel my pain
Just smile back"-Eminem

I'd like to hear more- what were his adventures like?  This sounds like a good place to start a full-length book, in my opinion.