A Thousand Mirrors | Teen Ink

A Thousand Mirrors

By ox.Alia.xo BRONZE, Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey
ox.Alia.xo BRONZE, Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey

"100 men can keep a secret, If 99 are dead"
-Ben Franklin

❝"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
-Marilyn Monroe

The one looked upwards, amazed by some imperceptible object unknown by me, as if penetrating for a lost soul amongst the stars, searching for an unwritten sequel, probing for something that never existed. His mouth widened, and he was enveloped into the darkness above, vanishing from humanity. My throat started to close from the thick, black, smoke swarming around me like bees. I could feel my lungs burning, becoming raw, permanently scarred from this wretched air. I crawled to my escape – which could also be my instant death – and coughed my brains up while reaching the end. I looked into the elevator shaft, and a sign indicating ‘Out Of Order’ in large bold letters was staring me back in the face. I couldn’t yet get on my feet, so I kept crawling; I kept crawling until I fell right into that elevator shaft. It was a long way down, and that made me wonder what was at the bottom. Right at that moment, my bones rattled when the force of my body collided with the hard, rigid asphalt. Every particle of my body suffered displacement. I felt instantaneously paralyzed. Nevertheless, I kept crawling. I inched slowly, right into someone. I fell back, looking up at this shadow. As my eyes reached its face, a cold, appalling, voice pierced the silence. ‘Where do you think you’re going?’ And with that, I was dead.

This is just a draft, please do send suggestions, rate, and comment. Thanks :]

on Oct. 6 2011 at 6:00 am
This looks awesome!!! My kind of story!!!!