The Most Dangerous Game 2

Rainsford had been living on the island for four days now and he still couldn’t return to his normal senses. His life had been turned fully upside down since he was forced to play in a hunting game with him as the prey. He no longer knew anything about morals. He had just hunted the hunter so he believed that he wasn’t any worse then General Zarroff. He had no guilt about killing him and he wondered if the Cossack had felt the same way when he killed his victims.
While Rainsford questioned himself he heard a pounding at the door. He pulled out his revolver at the door as he opened it. Rainsford lowered his revolver and smiled when he saw his old friend Whitney in front of him.

“Whitney it is good to see you, but how did you end up here?” asked Rainsford as he stepped back to let Whitney into the house.

“We came back to try and find you and right before we gave up the search we hit rock,” said Whitney. “Most of the crew drowned because barley knew how to swim and the rest tried to swim towards a more farther away island than come to this place”

Whitney came inside and Rainsford led him to the dinning room.

“I was just preparing dinner when you knocked. You probably are just as hungry as I was when I came. Sit down and ill get you some food,” Said Rainsford.

“Thank you.” Said Whitney, “Food has never sounded better.”

Rainsford served dinner and they talked about Whitney’s search, but when it came to Rainsford’s turn to share he confused Whitney almost as much as the General had done to Rainsford.

“Whitney I have been thinking about what you said to me the night I had fallen off the boat.” Said Rainsford, “When I said that hunting is the best sport in the world, you told me that it was, but only for the hunter. During my stay here I have learned that even the prey can be the hunter.”

“ Where are you going with this Rainsford?” asked Whitney.

Rainsford merely told him that they were going to play a game.

countrygirlfresh98 said...
wow i wrote one myself for hw but not that good mine is like that but not i like it really good 

Regs_the_Shorty said...

Really good

BrightBurningCampeadorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, I never even imagined this sort of ending, but it's definitely a good one! It's like saying that insanity's death gives birth to more insanity. I think I'm going to tell my english teacher about this. We just read the original and we're going to discuss it on monday.

LuckandCo replied...
Thanks for thinking it's good enough for the class

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well, this is definitely not what i think of to happen after the end! :0 Wow. i can totally see where you are coming from! this is a possible ending, even if in the story i never thought he would become a cold blooded killer as well. As for critique, i think you could put some more description into it. Like instead of saying, "Thank you," said Whitney. You could say, "Thank you," Whitney put his hand to his growling stomach in hunger. "Food has never sounded better." Just so that we can feel it ... (more »)

MagicMan2011 replied...
Yah I wrote it for hw i knew it isnt my best job but i just thought the idea was good. Also alot of sailors back then couldn't acctualy swim.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
wow that is so weird. You'd think that if they loved the ocean that much to become a sailor they would first learn how to swim! lol :D Well, it is a fantastic little add-on story and i like how you thought of something that i could NOT see coming!

MagicMan2011 said...
You definatly have to read the first one to understand it and if you havnt yet i would do so. It's a great read and can be found on the internet. (about 5 pages)