Shraq | Teen Ink

Shraq

By dmoney23 SILVER, Mattawan, Michigan
dmoney23 SILVER, Mattawan, Michigan

\"I am fast. To give you a reference point I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose…and a panther.\"~Dwight Schrute

In the middle of a deep dark forest there was a huge, chunky, dark brown, ogre that had the frizziest beard ever. This creatures name was Shraq. he wore raggedy old ripped up overalls and lived in a little hut just big enough to withstand Shraq. He usually never went outside but it was his monthly bath so he went to the swamp to wash up. Do I stink or what, thought Shraq. All of the trees in the forest had posters of him and in big letters WANTED. Then all of a sudden he heard a loud scream.

"Hey giant dude save me from these guards", the strange creature screamed.
As the knights in gleaming, silver, luscious metal running after what it looked like a zebra. The sweat dripping out of their helmets through the damp forest lit up because the shine of the gleaming sun only went through the openings of the scorching high trees. That big ogre dude better save me thought, the zebra. I'm going to get killed out here, the Zebra thought inside his head . The damp leaves shot up as the knights were sprinting through the forest to get the zebra like thing. Why me why poor me I really don't want to do anything just sit and eat rat stew with with eyeballs, thought Shraq. As the knights reached out their hands to get him the Zebra thing gave one last push to get away from the knights in the shining armor .

"Man what are you going to do their right behind me,"shouted the zebra to Shraq as he was only about 20 feet away from Shraq.
Just then the giant brown ogre roared with all his might, "LEAVE!"
The knights scurried away like ducks heard a gun shot then flew up in the air like rockets. Shraq finally figured out what it was. It was a zebra, but it wasn't white with black stripes it was red with yellow stripes.

"So... what is your name little thing,"said Shraq he said little thing to everybody because really, nobody was taller than him.

"If you really want to know smelly dude my name is Zeebs,"said Zeebs proudly
That's a nice name, Shraq chuckled in his head.

“You want to come back to my place,” said Shraq.

"Sure, but I got a problem man. The king of whole Clydesdale wants me and then wants to sell me for a good profit," worried Zeebs.

"Well then Zeebs it looks like we better do something about this,"exclaimed Shraq with his deep rumbling voice.

"Sounds cool large freaky dude by the way what's your name man cause you kind of look like a Frank to me actually no a well I dont know but what is it,"constantly asking Zeebs.

"How about if you don’t talk the rest of the way to Clydesdale I'll tell you okay,” mentioned Shraq as he was about to blow up because he was so annoyed with Zeebs.
As they made there way to Clydesdale Shraq had a bad feeling of this. As long as this talkingzebra dosent talk while I find out what's happening we'll be alright, thought Shraq nervously in his head. Both of the odd creatures were making there way threw the side of the road when they saw a sign CLYDESDALE .5 MILES AHEAD.

"So what is your name I've been waiting the whole 2 miles come on tell me your name," begged Zeebs.

"Alright it's Shraq," said Shraq.

"Shraq you gotta be kidding me Shraq, alright good joke but seriously what is it,"s aid the chuckling talking Zebra.

"You really wanna know stripey,"asked Shraq in a sarcastic way.

"Of course dosen't everybody want to know what a ogres name is well I do so what is it tell me please come on man I’mbegging you," said Zeebs as he begged.

"Its Shraq I already told you and I'm not joking," said Shraq as his hands were just about to go after his mouth and tie in a knot if he laughed again about his name.
Wow he takes a joke way to far so I'll just go with it,thought Zeebs. Then as they went over the mushroom, fungi, mossy hill they see a kngdom. This was not any kingdom though as Shraq looked out to the miraculous sight. He saw a little tiny man with a crown. That's probably the nasty old king, thought Shraq. Then he looked over to zeebs when he saw the knights and he saw the most worried look on his face he's ever seen in his life by anything.

"Hey man maybe we can just send him a letter to stop trying to sell rare creatures like us. He looks a little busy so let's just do that," said Zeebs as he was worried as ever.

"No no let's just go and see what we can do about this,"said Shraq as he was just making Zeebs' life terrible right now.
As they made there way down the hill on the rough, rocky, crumbly road the guards bursted out of there position. And went to get the smelly cratures. This stench though was not by Zeebs it was by the beast that uses a dead trout for deodorant.

“Halt the king would like to have a word with you,” exclaimed the knights.
. The king, Lord Darfquad was his name. He was on the shorter side of things. He stood a good 4 foot and six and a half inches just tall enough to see over the dinner table each evening. He wore usually the tightest of clothes that sometimes you wondered if even he was breathing sometimes.

“So you I have seen a lot of you… let’s just say things. I’ve been making a good profit but you guys I would make a lot more. So what do you say it’s a win scenario for both of us,” asked Lord Darfquad.

Hardly, it’s not a win scenario Is this guy for real, thought Zeebs inside his mind.

Just as Shraq was about to just yell at the king Zeebs took the words right out of his mouth by saying “Fool, who do think we are, garbage! How would you feel like if I was the king all short and stubby and wanted to sell you. Huh, how would that make you feel? Just because we all look different doesn’t meen you should treat each other unequally!” blurted out Zeebs as Shraq was so shocked to hear those words come out of his mouth.

“Well if you creatures feel so… how should I put this. Oh yeah I got one like a piece of profit, fine I’ll make you a deal,” said Lord Darfquad.

I can’t wait to hear this, thought Shraq absentmindedly.

“ If you can beat twenty of my toughest knights I’ll will take all of your little friends back and let them roam free what do you say,” said Lord Darfquad.

‘Well short stuff. We got a deal,” exclaimed Shraq.

They shook on it and that firmly handshake was not just an ordinary handshake it was a start for a new a in treating others. The day of the fight was not a ordinary day for Shraq and Zeebs it was more like a wakeup call for a new way of living especially for Zeebs. He wouldn’t have to live in fear every time he was walking in the open alone. The two teammates were walking toward the coliseum. It had red banners of the letter D like this D every where. It was standing for Darfquad. As they walked in to the massive stadium Shraq and Zeebs stomach churned. It was like a little kid seeing a snow globe for a first time and you were the snow globe and turned it to see were the magical snow came from. That’s how nervous they were.

“Well you ready for this little Zebra it’s time for the show. This is how we’re going to do this I’ll take up as much as I can from the wimpy knights, while you stand in the corner and when I ever I need backup I’ll just whistle or something. Got it friend,” explained Shraq.

I hope its the greatest plan ever, thought Zeebs inside his worried mind.

“You may began the fight,” yelled Lord Darfquad to everyone in the stadium.
Then as the knights all ran toward Shraq he just stood there arms folded, like he was about to got to sleep standing up. He grabbed two of the knights with each dirty, massive, smelly hands he twirled them around really fast to knock out fourteen of the knights rushing towards him. Then finished the two knights he was spinning around and threw them right into the stoned wall of the humongous coliseum. Five out of the six knights remaining just ran away like a wolf just jumped out of the bushes to scare the deer.

“That away giant buddy wait there’s one coming look man he’s making a rush at you,” yelled Zeebs as he was waiting in the corner.

The knight grabbed on to Shraq’s sholders and tried to bring him down but Shraq threw him off. Then just like that the knight pounced right back on him. Shraq couldn’t take it any more and was starting to collapse. It was like king kong on the empire state building trying to bring it down. Just like that CLANK!! The hooves of the Zebra collided with the steel of the knights helmet. I can’t believe it he defeated me how can this be, thought Darfquad shocked.

“You guys will have you’re creature things back immediately. You may now leave my kingdom and go back to your swamp you’re friends will be delivered there.” P

“Well Zeebs you saved everything I must admit that was pretty sweet,” said Shraq.

“I know, now let’s go back to your swamp man,” said Zeebs.

The two friends walked up the hill into the sunlight as Shraq was thinking well, I’m going to have to have a lot of guests, wondered Shraq. Still at least we don’t have to live in fear anymore and that’s a fact, thought Shraq and that was the last worry about that forever.

Koolioman said...
on Aug. 30 2011 at 11:13 am
hech ofa story!

on Aug. 30 2011 at 11:06 am
absolutely my fav shraq well there all my favs!

monstar_2873 said...
on Aug. 30 2011 at 11:02 am
this author has had a teenink account for only like 2 months! and hes got a saga!!!!!!!! LOVE IT

on Aug. 30 2011 at 10:57 am
i really like the description and diolouge! (i think i spelled that wrong :D)

on Aug. 30 2011 at 10:51 am
i think it should be in the magazine but thats TEEN INKS JOB! my fav Shraq

LiOnKiNg70 said...
on Aug. 30 2011 at 10:49 am
Love the story! :)

BO$$_man said...
on Aug. 30 2011 at 10:48 am
gots a good message to it!

PlayER said...
on Aug. 29 2011 at 9:59 am
I like this story nuff said

doggydogs20 said...
on Aug. 29 2011 at 9:58 am
I hope this makes it into the magazine or any of the Shraqs

CODchump said...
on Aug. 29 2011 at 9:54 am
very actiony if thats a word

Killaninja said...
on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:59 pm
Makes me wanna see Shrek btw good life story as well!

on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:58 pm
good dont wanna say excellent but 9/10

somebody99 said...
on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:57 pm
shraq kinda reminds him of me! jk 

on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:55 pm
SHRAQ SHRAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bubbleguM said...
on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:54 pm
shraqs a fatty but good story

internet7281 said...
on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:53 pm
preettty cool beans this story is

readerlover0 said...
on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:52 pm
I like I Like it alot

ALIENS2 said...
on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:51 pm

love it even though i like UFOS this is cool

Kate said...
on Aug. 27 2011 at 6:21 pm
great way to begin the Shraq saga

Haley S. said...
on Jun. 25 2011 at 11:53 am
Awesome! I have read many stories and this is the best I have read so far!