Exciting Months | Teen Ink

Exciting Months

May 24, 2011
By Anonymous

Dear Diary,
I’m so sorry I haven’t written. I have a good reason though, so here it goes,


“Alright let’s take it from the top,” yelled coach Lillian May Monroe in her piercing voice, “And five six seven eight!” ‘Here we go again.’ I thought as I was tossed into air. My long brown hair blew all around and into my face as I did a toe touch. “How many times do I have to tell you Arya pull your hair back!” screeched coach Monroe over the music. Hair back hair back always hair back I thought. I was then thrown past my best friend and co-cheerleader Alexandra Alexis Jones. “Great we’re going to have to do it all over again thanks to the guys.”I whispered as she passed Alexandra. “NO, NO, NO!” screamed Coach Monroe, “Alexandra and Arya are not supposed to pass each other! Try it again! And five six seven eight!”

“I am so glad practice is over. I’m so sore already and it hasn’t even been a day!” I complained to Alexandra.

“Me too.” Replied Alexandra, “The Guys just kept throwing us into each other to watch Coach scream at them that they are going to kill us. Bye Arya.”

“Bye Alexandra.” I replied.

“Mom, Dad I home!!!” I Shouted as she entered the front door of her two story house.

“Hey honey guess what?” said my mother Mrs. White.

“What?” I asked

“We’re going camping!”
“No! I’m a cheerleader we don’t go on camping trips!”
“Well, you’re going on this one so suck it up. We’re leaving day after tomorrow so-“
“Wait this weekend?” I screamed
“What is the screaming going on?” said Mr. White, my father.
“Did you check the calendar when you set this date?”
“No, but-“
“Did you pay attention to me counting down to this weekend? NO! This weekend is the biggest weekend of my life!”
“What is this all about?”
“Nationals are this week!
“Wait what?”
“Wait what? Wait WHAT!!! I have been working my butt off and counting down since last year and you don’t even know what I’m talking about!” I paused and then continued, “I obey with only one question and you don’t even remember my biggest weekend ever!!! You know what? I’m out of here. I’m going to my boy friend’s.” Finally Dad found his voice and his backbone.
“If you take one more step you’ll be grounded for the rest of your life.” He said with authority.
“I’m eighteen years old! You can’t control me anymore! I’m leaving and there’s nothing you can do about it! I’m never coming back!!!” with that I left slamming the door behind me.

What the heck did I just say to my parents? I looked back over my shoulder as I slammed the door. I caught a glimpse of my father holding my mother who was of course crying, but was he crying? I shook myself as I got my car that I was never allowed to drive, serves them right.

“Hey what happened?” yelled Josh as he ran out and hugged me tightly. Josh is the perfect guy, tall, muscular with brown hair that just falls into his hazel eyes. He’s star quarter back of the football team, but never a jerk. I started crying as he led me to his house. I stayed with him and his parents for two months. Half way through the first month I final got peace from my parents. The rest of the time past in a blur. I remember one very clear night when I decided to go home. I told Josh and his family the next day. I went to my house and was greeted by screams of ‘oh my god!’ and ‘I love you’. So see I had a good reason for not writing. Good night.