fight of the silver dragon | Teen Ink

fight of the silver dragon

By deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas
deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas

Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~ Kahlil Gibran

The following events took place on october 5th, 2010. There I was sitting on the couch at six thirty in the mourning. My parents weren’t found in the house, so they must of left for their jobs I thought. I was just sitting there gazing towards the blank screen of the television, then all the sudden I heard a noise from outside. I was too scared to check and see what I would find out there when I opened the door, but I set my fear aside and opened the door. “Hello!” I said. “Is anyone out there” i soon spoken. Oh well nothing out here I guess.

I then shut the door and walked towards the couch, but I heard the noise again. This time I walked towards the door, opened it, walked out, then I shut the door. I was now outside searching the yard for the noise that I have been hearing. I couldn’t find anything in the yard, so I walked towards the field. When I met up facing the field with eye to grass I took a good gulp and started towards the field. I searched in the field with thoughts filling my head saying will i make it, what would happen to me is there really is something out here? All of the sudden I heard the noise again. I t was even closer than I had thought. Boom boom, boom boom., boom boom, the noise getting louder and louder while thoughts of fear running through my head. Then all of the sudden I looked at a tree. A tree with no leaves, no life, just a dark brown sorrowful color. Then a little door just appeared on the tree. It was actually a really dark half oval shape, that looked as if it had a tunnel flowing through it.

Of course I only knew one thing to do. That one thing was to turn around and start walking towards the house. While I was heading towards the house a voice yelled from the tree “Stop! Please don’t go we need your help. Can you please help us?” “What, who is there” I said while turning around. “ =Wind and I have came from a dimension that takes the place and time setting of the past” the man said. “ Well why did you come here, and how did you get here?” I asked after my first question. The man named Ardin then answered my second question with saying “ You are the one that has been chosen to defeat the silver dragon. It roams our land demolishing everyone and everything that sets foot on our land. We read the prophecies of our scroll and it says for us to find you.

“ Well I will do this quest, but first I will need a few recruits, because I do not know the dangers of this quest. Although from how you have spoken of the quest, it will be quite a challenge for me. You! What will you be doing during my mission against the silver dragon?”. “Why I will help along with your adventurous journey, but you, you are the only one that will be able to destroy the silver dragon” said Ardin. “Me! I’m only a fifteen year old kid. What could I possibly even do to destroy the silver dragon” I said. “Well the prophecies state that the black dragon is the only one who can defeat the silver dragon” Ardin said. “Then why do you need me? I don’t look anything like a dragon! Do I?” I shouted.

“The scroll has chosen you, because throughout your quest you will learn to become the black dragon” Ardin said. “What! So I am going to become the black dragon? I asked. “Yes” Ardin spoke. Then I said “What if I’m not ready, I mean this is something big. No! Not even big it is huge, I am about to risk hundreds of peoples life”. “No your not. Your are going to risk thousands of peoples lives” Ardin said while smiling. “Oh, well thats a relief” I said sarcastically. “Oh no, we have to go. Are you coming, or are you staying. You are the only one who can choose your own path, and the path you choose is the choice you make, and what ever choice you make will be remembered throughout your entire life.” Ardin said with a serious look in his eyes.

“I guess I’m going, but I still need some people to help me.” I said while looking Ardin in the eyes. “Their is no need to do that, I have people from our time or world to help you with your mission.” said Ardin. “Okay, so how do we get into your world” I replied back. “Just go in through that portal over there, and you will be in our world. Oh one more thing you need to know. When you kill the silver dragon you need to collect the very end of it’s tail, and hand it to me.” Ardin said with a very serious look. “Why, what does it do.” I replied back. The silver dragon’s tail is what makes it hold all of it’s energy. The silver dragon and the black dragon are the two strongest dragons alive.” said Ardin. “Oh, okay?” I said while walking into the portal. The portal was as dark as night. You couldn’t see anything when you walked through there. Then suddenly when I got in there good I went blind, and my body felt weird. It felt like I was flying, but after five minutes or something like that I could see again. I could see grass that was green, sky’s that were blue, and I could see people all over. They were all in robes that were a dark brown color kind of like the tree I saw before I came here. A young woman walked upon me with blue eyes, nice long brown hair, and she was loaded up with sharp objects. She had two swords equipped to her back, one where her waist was, one on each leg, and she had a belt that had over 20 knives. She reached her hand out and offered me help up, so I reached mine back out and grabbed hers. She lifted me up really quick, she didn’t even have to take a breath. When I was standing on my own two feet I raised my eyes and asked her “Who are you?”. “My name is Sarah and I am your guardian, I shall keep you safe with all my life and protect you with all of my might” she replied back. Suddenly a noise from behind me had approached and out of nowhere came Ardin. “Ah, i see you have already made acquaintance with your guardian.” said Ardin. “Why yes, yes I have” I said in a sarcastically obvious voice. “there is one other thing that I did not mention dear lad.” Ardin said. I replied back with an unsure look upon my face “What?”. “It seems to be that

deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas

I as in me, only counted 3 lowercase I's. How many did you count?

deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas

do you write?

deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas

no, you're funny.

Beauty said...

WELL, I WAS SUPPORTING! UR FUNNY.

on May. 2 2011 at 11:41 am
deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas

thanks, for supporting me I guess. 

on May. 2 2011 at 11:40 am
deadsoul349 SILVER, Groesbeck, Texas

-.- will do cap'n

Beauty said...
I THINK IT IS A VERY GOOD START. A FEW SPELLING ERRORS, BUT YOU SEEM TO BE ON YOUR WAY. 

on Apr. 12 2011 at 9:09 am
Valhalla-is-calling GOLD, Waterboro, Maine

"No parent should have to bury their own child." -Theodin

Try to spell things right and capitalize "I"