'Nature'

Glowing green eyes flicked open in the dark. She stepped slowly out of the brush. The moon reflected back on her silky black fur. Picking up speed, she walked over the border ignoring the reeking sent of the other wolf pack. Her followers stopped and snarled at the scent line knowing this was trouble; yet she walked on, head low and into the other pack’s forest. They fallowed reluctantly.
Water trickled down the trees as if they were sweating, the ground was moist under foot causing the followers to stumble; this didn’t bother her as she spread her toes and stayed aloft. She kept walking. Soon the smell of water was even greater and the roaring sound of water throwing its self-down the waterfall presented itself. The followers slowed as the roaring grew, afraid that they were going to have to go straight into the clearing. She kept walking.
Trees suddenly fell away to reveal the large empty clearing up against the mountain. None of the other pack was in sight. She kept walking; a reckless smile crept across her face. The followers shrank back but soon fallowed and looked to see beaten pathways in the rock that lead up into the many areas where the trees and rocks had grown together to make dens above the ground. She kept walking with no sign of stopping. Silently she climbed one of the pathways behind the waterfall; the pathway extended through the waterfall so anyone could see. Walking through the waterfall she sat on the rock, her wet fur glistening in the cold moon’s gaze. She looked down at her audience: four nervous followers looking around anxiously. She looked at the moon again. Then started her song.
A mournful howl sounded in the air and echoed across the universe, waking the pack. A howl so sad it has made people cry, a howl so angry it has chased away lions, a howl so caring it’s made the lonely feel loved, a howl so smooth the night carried it across the island and across the world. A howl that only people who knew her would hear it. A howl that could only belong to ‘Nature.’

MidnightFireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Over 100 veiws!! :)

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

Wow!

I thought this was awesome. I was instantly drawn into the story and I could picture this in my head.  Marvelous job!

MidnightFireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thanks :) this is the same wolf as in The Call

JustAnotherOwl said...
The descriptions were lovely and overall I enjoyed this a lot! :) There were some typos, but those can easily be fixed. I would love to see something more of this!

Jul. 31, 2011 at 11:12 am
Thanks :) the lead wolf Nature is also in my short article: The Call if you want to check it out. Thanks again (:

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is a beautiful descriptive short story.  You should really expand upon this!

Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:02 am
here's the background for the story: there is an island near Mane that isn't on any map or ratar because it is constantly moving.  It once was only one wolf pack but as the island and pack grew the pack split apart.  Now the packs are almost constantly at war.  It's rare though to have a pack attack Nature's pack because she and her mate, Buck who she fell in love with when she was trapped in America and unable to get back to the island, win every battle. .... thats all the d... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
That's very intriguing.  Thanks for giving some background!

musicispassion said...
i love how u made me think that the wolf was a girl what's your book cinflict? I love this good job five stars

Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:56 am
I was bored in studyhall and in a writing mood so i started writing but didn't really know what was going to happen

musicispassion replied...
i think the best writing comes from being bored or random thoughts but that's  my opinion

that is so true

qui133 said...
you really love wolves, don't you? i don't mean to say that scornfuly--they are beautiful creatures. your writing shows that you understand them almost better than people.

ya i find them very intriguing and misunderstood, i know that they can be dangerous and everything but i can't help but find them majestically fierce ... this i know is not one of my betterly plotted articles since it starts off in one direction and ends in another

qui133 replied...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:54 am
the best authors in history were masters at the twisted plot. change directions like the wind, grasshopper, and you shall find a multitude of fans who will follow you like kites. ^___^

:) i like that image (: and its true twisting plots are some of the best

qui133 replied...
indeed @__@