The Diamond of Nikitha | Teen Ink

The Diamond of Nikitha

By LexyR BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
LexyR BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona

Once he entered the mysterious, sacred temple, his training kicked in. His only problem was the fact that he had no idea what the Diamond of Nikitha looked like or where it would be located. However, Sansei wouldn’t tolerate incompetence. Jeng Li just had to do his best and get the valuable treasure before the rival clan, the Yakasuki.

In the midst of confusion, a bright flash blinded him coming from the ceiling. He automatically knew it was the treasure. “Now how am I supposed to get up there?”, he thought out loud. Sansei always said that detail was key. Nonetheless, he focused really hard on his surroundings. In the blink of an eye, the rocks on the side of the temple turned into a staircase.

Just as he leaped from the top of the stairs to the ceiling, the diamond vanished. There was nothing to hold on to. Bam! He collided with the ground. A dash of red sprinted off with a sparkling item in its grasp. Hustling, he ran toward the thief who stole the diamond. Jeng Li was about to snatch the Diamond of Nikitha from the Yakasuki robber when he suddenly tumbled down, down, down into an endless abyss.

He was undoubtedly trapped. “You stupid Yakasuki! Only cowards feel the need to set up a trap!”, he bellowed from the top of his lungs. Luckily, Sansei had prepared Jeng for these traps. Nevertheless, he started leaping from one side of the pit to the other. He looked like a spider monkey jumping from place to place. In a matter of seconds, Jeng was out. Sprinting as fast as he could, he caught up to the enemy and retrieved the Diamond on Nikitha.

At long last, the Diamond of Nikitha was his! Sneaking away, he exited out of a secret egress where the Yakasuki would never find him. Jeng Li couldn’t wait to get back to Tokyo and inform Sansei of his success. Whack! Whack! Whack! The sound of shurikens, ninja stars, echoed all around him. Indeed, they had found him.

I hope I get an A.

on Feb. 25 2011 at 3:41 pm
readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

Its kind of short with a hang-off ending, but nevertheless very good!

GoldSage said...
on Feb. 23 2011 at 7:39 pm
I like that very much. It keeps the reader guessing.