Escaping the Darkness | Teen Ink

Escaping the Darkness

February 13, 2011
By Wiseguy234 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
Wiseguy234 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

BAM! The tyrant thwacked me across the head and I fell into the complete darkness. I trembled as he walked towards me with his scrawny body, and his razor sharp claws. His ebony teeth shone in a crooked smile. You must be wondering how I got myself into this disastrous situation. Well, it all started when I tried to conquer my fear of darkness and banish the shadow tyrant from my bedroom.

It was a typical Tuesday night, and I was getting ready to hit the hay. I walked into my room, turned off the lights, and sprinted to my bed so that the shadow tyrant wouldn’t pull me into his dark abyss. I pulled the covers over my head and thought to myself, “Enough is enough, you’re thirteen years old now, and it’s time to get rid of the beast once and for all!” I decided I would kill the monster by utilizing its’ only weakness, light. I brought two flashlights, and my ipod and cell phone to bed the next day. That’s when the showdown started!

I ran into my room, eyes closed, with my arms flailing with flash lights in them. That’s how I ended up where I am now. However, as the tyrant started walking towards me I saw a flashlight next to me and grabbed it. I quickly turned it on and aimed its’ blinding light on the tyrant. He screamed a bloodcurdling scream and I watched as he started to shrink until there was only a pile of dust where he used to be. But, as soon as I thought I had a moment of rest a bony hand dug itself into my leg with sharp claws. It started to pull me backwards!

I turned around and saw the shadow tyrant trying to bring me along with him into his realm. Just then I remembered I had my cell phone and ipod in my pocket. So, I pulled them out and used their light to vanquish the tyrant once and for all. This time I knew I had sent him back to his own world. There were no remnants of any kind. I was free! Still, I know he’s out there somewhere, waiting around to haunt another unfortunate person’s bedroom. Oh well, not my problem!