The bullet that saved my life | Teen Ink

The bullet that saved my life

February 9, 2011
By HamzahQ SILVER, Carteret, New Jersey
HamzahQ SILVER, Carteret, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

walking in the distance i saw someone point something in my direction. Then i heard a boom and felt a pinch on my forehead. Then i fell and never woke up again. My soul drifted along the road. I came upon my high school. There i saw five gang members shooting there weapons all over it. Screams were being heard. Then I saw this guy holding a bomb. He walked into the building and in 4 seconds the front doors were gone and fire was bursting in the air. I watched in horror trying to help my peers who had nothing to defend themselves with. Then looking up i saw a helicopter coming, thank god the police was here. As i looked closer it was not the police at all, more gang members dropping explosives. In another minute the school was on fire and only a few screaming voices had survived this far. But just as i thought it was all over the 3rd and final wave began. Rocket launchers smashed threw windows and rooftops. In the next second everything and every one was gone. I looked too the right and saw useless police cars coming. To my left i saw my dead body laying on the ground being picked up by Emergency doctors. Then i looked around. No one was picking up any other bodys but mine. was mine special or something or was i still alive. Hope rushed into me but left just as fast as it had come in because even if i was alive everyone else would be gone. And even so if i woke up with that bullet in my head i would be half mental and half demented for the rest of my life. Suddenly i felt a push, then i felt wind pulling me. The next thing i knew i was being flown toward the ambulance that was taking my body away. I went straight through the doors and saw my own self and then i went into my self. My eyes opened i was breathing heavily. I sat up turned around and saw my alarm clock. 3:30 A.M. I closed my eyes and laid back down on my bed.