The Life of A Spy Never Ends. Pt2 | Teen Ink

The Life of A Spy Never Ends. Pt2

By tyster10 PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, Georgia
tyster10 PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, Georgia

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~ Maria Robinson

As I come back to consciousness, I feel a dull pain in my neck, attempting to remember what happened, I flip over on my cot and suddenly feel a pain in my stomach.
“That’s right, here’s some food for you, you haven’t eaten for two days.” said a familiar gravelly voice.
“Kenny, is that you?” I ask, trying to find where that voice came from.
“That’s right, apparently we were all taken back, me, you, Kyle, and Adam.” Said Kenny, in a sad voice,” so did they kill your family also?”
“they killed my family 10 years ago Kenny, that’s why a left,” seeing that the voice is coming from a cell next to mine,” they simply killed the only people I care about.”
“Oh, I’m sorry john, but what happened? All I remember is meeting someone from the agency, and then I blacked out and woke up here.”
“That sounds exactly like what happened to me.”I said ponderingly. “Alec said I was being pulled back in, but I don’t know why.”
“Well it looks like we are about to find out.” Kenny mutters as footsteps echo towards us. “Whatever you do, don’t break man, don’t break.”
That is when a man I have never seen before entered my cell. “Who are you?” I ask angrily, “I demand to talk to Alec.” That’s when the hood covered my head. I struggled and attempted to kick out; I know I made contact from the elaborate swearing. Then I was punched in the gut and heard a gruff voice mutter, “do that again, and you won’t live to see another day punk.”
I fell silent after that threat. What else could I do? I had no idea where I was, why I was here, or what was going on. After we walked for what seemed like hours, I was pulled to a stop and heard my chaperone say to some other person, “yeah, this is him. Is the boss ready? Ok, I’ll bring him in.”
I was pushed roughly into a room and my hood was yanked off. What lay before me was as shocking as it was angering, I was looking at my brother, Bill. “Bill?” I asked incredulously, “I…I thought you were dead, I saw you get shot!”
“Little brother.”Bill spoke without emotion, “It's been a long time. I hope they haven’t been treating you too badly.”
“You…you.” Unable to finish my sentence, bill speaks for me.
“That’s right, my death was staged, that was the only way I could become director of the agency. That’s how all directors come to place.”
“You mean, you are director?” I ask in a small voice, “If you are director, what am I doing here? ANSWER ME!”
“I called you back here, because we need you, you were, and still are our best agent, and this mission could mean the end of mankind.”
“Fine…..tell me what you need.”

…Part Three Coming Soon