The Life Of a Spy Never Ends | Teen Ink

The Life Of a Spy Never Ends

By tyster10 PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, Georgia
tyster10 PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, Georgia

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~ Maria Robinson

It had been over 10 years, and I was hoping that just maybe, I had been burned, forgotten, never to be seen again. Of course, the life of a spy is never that easy. It was the night of my 21st birthday, my closest friends and I were clubbing. We were coming out of our last club when a bright light flashed all around us, as a spy, I instantly knew what it was, a flash bang. I yelled to my friends to drop down, and then, came the shots. Five nearly silent pops. The light began to slowly fade, leaving behind a gruesome scene. All my friends had been killed, slaughtered more like it. To a normal person, it would look as if their heads had been bashed with rocks, but to me, I knew it had been a sniper attack. After walking amongst my dead friends to see if anywhere by any chance living, I walked home full of despair. The next morning I woke up hoping it had been a bad dream, unfortunately, the apartment still reeked of blood. I lifted my head and saw a single piece of paper on my pillow. Dreading what it would say, I unfolded it
John,

You have been taken back into the agency, meet me at the Williamsburg bridge at 2:00 this afternoon, don’t show, and you are dead.

Alec
I sighed, and slowly crawled out of bed. This is what I had expected when my friends had been killed last night. I spent the day full of dread of the upcoming meeting. At 2:00 sharp, I was at the Williamsburg bridge, and sitting on a bench, reading a newspaper, was the one man I was hoping I would never see before, Alec. Alec was the headman of the agency. “Alec.”, I said not too nicely, “what are you doing here?”
“I think we both know that John” Alec said in his usual Russian accent, “that warning last night should have been message enough.”
“So what, you kill the few people I care about and expect me to trust you?” I ask angrily, “you know I left the agency for a reason!”
“Well that’s too bad, you’re back in; now hold on tight, this will be a bumpy ride.” Alec says as he pulls out a syringe.
“Whoa, wait a second; I never agreed to----“my sentence is left uncompleted as Alec pokes the syringe in my neck.
…To Be Continued…