Thief's Nightmare | Teen Ink

Thief's Nightmare

By James LaFountain BRONZE, Keeseville, New York
James LaFountain BRONZE, Keeseville, New York

Some might say John Paul Jones was living the good life. His parents are American, but they moved to Italy before he was born, so his nationality is actually Italian. Being born and raised in Venice can have its perks. Jim and Betty Jones gave John the privilege of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth. John knew he lived with higher standards than most people, but he was very humble.
John was a criminal. On June 20th, John and his accomplices decided to rob the biggest bank in Italy. All together there were four robbers, including John himself. As they were about to go in, John asked “Okay guys, today is the big day. This is going to be a risky job. Anyone want out?” The other three men all shook their heads no. “Okay then. I want all of you to keep cool when we are in there. We can’t afford to screw this up,” said John.
“Come on, Johnny, give us a break. We’ve been doing this for how long now and we haven’t screwed up; I think we got this,” replied the eldest of the three other men. With this, the men stormed into the crowd of people that were congregating inside of the bank. John fired off his machine gun into the ceiling of the bank. Everyone in the room dropped to the floor, except for the pathetic security guard who was cowering in fear. “Get the guard you fools!” John yelled at his partners in crime. It wasn’t two seconds before the poor man crumpled to the floor after being riddled by machine gun bullets that came from all of the men but John. John used these men to do the dirty work for him.
As the men approached the vault, a frightened young woman screamed in panic “Please, don’t hurt me!”
“Shut up. Quit your screaming woman. If you want to live, you’re going to open this vault for me and my friends here,” John said to the woman in a chillingly cool voice.
“Alright, I’ll do whatever you say. But please, I beg of you, don’t hurt me. I have a family,” the woman begged the robbers. The young bank employee opened the vault for the armed men. There was over twenty million US dollars inside of the vault, but the men were only able to fit ten million of it into their duffle bags. The robbers made their way outside to the hot, sunny environment. There were no police there to try and stop the men from making away with all the money and the life of one man. They got into a car and drove to their criminal headquarters so as to count up the stolen money. After they were done counting the money, one of the henchmen said, “Okay, so that’s 2.5 million apiece right?”
John scoffed “No. That’s ten million for me.” John removed a pistol from a holster on his hip and shot all three other men to death. He then proceeded to load the money into the car they brought. After the money was in the car, he set the headquarters on fire so as not to leave any trace of evidence that could be brought back to John. John drove off into the beautiful Italian sunset with 10 million dollars more than he had before the day began. And then John woke up in his bed; the day was June 20th.