To Hate a Dragon part 3 | Teen Ink

To Hate a Dragon part 3

December 14, 2010
By Iliana23 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Iliana23 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Seriously?"


I wasn't so afraid to die before....you know...while I was falling through the air? But this time was different. THIS time...I was being murdered.

I shut my eyes tightly, afraid to see the ground loom closer towards me. My hair whipped wildly, stinging my cheeks and neck. Was it my fault? Should I apologize to it? My eyes watered as I realized that this was really it. I was gone for good. And the last thing I was going to see...was a giant green eye.

Or at least...that's what I thought.

A second later (and not a millisecond sooner), the beast's wings sprouted to their full length, stopping our decent. It's large claws scrapped viciously across the surface of the rooftop beneath us. Suddenly, it's menacing claws released me and I fell to the ground with a loud thud! A sharp pain shot through my shoulder as I doubled over in pain. I whimpered, but not too much. I didn't want it to see me cry. Not now. Not ever.

Gathering myself, I wrapped my arms around my legs. I was freezing. I ran my fingers through my hair, shot the dragon a glare, and walked towards the end of the rooftop. It was a beautiful view of Larksdale up there. I could make out the park and the movies that were centered in the middle of the town. If my eyes were even sharper, I could have probably made out the outline of my house.Without warning, a bright green flash interrupted my thoughts. I swiveled around to see that the dragon was gone...but it was replaced by a boy.

I wasn't surprised. Okay, maybe a little, but I knew it would happen eventually. In front of me stood a boy, exactly my age and few inches taller than me. He had a blanket of black hair that ended below his chin, his bangs dangling helplessly on his forehead. He wore a normal teenage t-shirt, with an abstract design in black covering it, and a pair of blue jeans. The most unique thing about him however, was his eyes.

I turned away from him in disgust. "This guy has the nerve..." I thought. I peeked back at him to see large pools of green staring back at me.

I flinched. Yes. Really.

"What?" he said in an abrupt soft tone.

"Nothing!" I shouted in return, and faced the view of Larksdale once more.

"You see that over there?" he said, pointing towards the east. I followed his arm to see a large clock.

"Yeah? And?" He brushed his bangs away from his eye.

"It's a clock. And it says 8:24. The normal human needs at least 9 hours of sleep every night. You wake up at 7:15. Which means you have more than enough time to return to your home." he said.

I glared at him. This guy was something else. He's cocky. He's arrogant.

And, not to mention, from time to time....he's a giant blue dragon.