To Hate a Dragon pt.2 | Teen Ink

To Hate a Dragon pt.2

By Iliana23 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Iliana23 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

"Seriously?"

The beast cracked another ear-shattering roar, and soared towards me. It's wings were bent, giving it an immense amount of speed. I could make out the shape of it's mouth. What I saw almost made me puke. The stupid dragon was smiling!

Half of me wanted to increase the rate of my falling, but I just closed my eyes instead. "I...seriously hate that thing." I thought. As soon as the thought escaped my mind, I felt a fierce lurch as my body was snatched by its claws like a rag doll. My head whipped back sending a shivering pain through my neck. The air around me became stuffy, my eyes watering from the air pressure.

With a giant flap of it's wings, the dragon took off towards the end of my town. The town I was only recently familiar with. I've only lived in Larksdale for 4 months, but something happened that I didn't expect. I started to get attached. To the sights, sounds, and the people. But there was something in particular...I thought about about it as my peach hair slapped my cheek. There was only one reason why I didn't pack my bags and leave while I could.

And that thing was kidnapping me 15,496 feet above ground.

It felt as if we were flying for weeks. My eyes limped heavily. My ribs ached in it's massive claws that grasped me tightly.

"Where are we going?" I spoke. And...as expected, it didn't reply. I already knew that was the outcome, but it didn't stop my tirade.

"Look, we've been flying forever! Do you know what today is? Of course you don't! Dragons don't know the days of the week. Well, seeing as though you didn't realize, today is Wednesday. You know what happens tomorrow? We humans go to a little thing called SCHOOL." The dragon blinked a large jade eye, not keeping its focus disarrayed from everything in front of him. I snorted and continued as if it yelled in return.

"Do you know what time I have to be up? 7:15 am, which is ENTIRELY to early for me. And I just BET you don't know what time it is. Wanna know the shocker? NEITHER DO I! MAYBE,if you take me down, I can get to a clock and maybe a bed and go to school! Because education is important!" I yelled. Night began to fall, the air becoming cooler the higher we soared. I shivered and tried to rub my arms, but that was a mistake. The minute I raised my arm, the dragon took a nose dive towards the ground.

"AHHHH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? ARE YOU MURDERING M--" I shrieked, but air began to choke my lungs, all the while, the dragon blinking slowly.

Love can be everything. But to her...it can be everything BUT a dragon.