The Basement Hero

I scan the area with my scope, but I can’t see the enemy. I know they’re around, so I jump off of my ledge to the ground below. I’m right in the middle of them! There’s no time to aim… BAM! I fire my sniper rifle and land a lucky shot. One down, four to go… Another has his back turned to me, I swiftly yank him towards me and plunge my knife into his chest. Two down. I switch to my magnum and fire in rapid succession. One, two, the third bullet connects right in the head. A fourth is right on top of me! No time to reload, so I lash out with a violent punch. I hit him, but he doesn’t go down. This time, the enemy goes for the strike, but he misses! It’s a lucky break, but there’s no time to celebrate. WHAM, this one connects with the force of a battering ram, and number four falls dead. I’m still alive but I need to take cover, this last one and his friends are dropping rounds all over me. I toss a grenade, hoping to thin their numbers a little bit as I crouch behind a small rock. A detonation and number five drops with a sixth hurt.

Back to the magnum, a quick reload and I pop back up firing. Eight rounds fly downrange in a matter of seconds and numbers six, seven, and eight go down under the withering hail of bullets. No ammo left! I toss my last grenade which finishes off number nine. I switch to my sniper rifle and take aim at the last one. Only one bullet left. This one has to count. A slow breath and… BANG!

“KILLIONAIRE!” declares the announcer. “Oh my GOD!” Back in the real world I drop my controller and throw my arms up in triumph! The room is in chaos. Two of my friends sit speechless with their mouths agape, while the rest stand filling the room with roars of “OOOOAAAAHHH,” and “NO WAAAYYYYY!” A Mountain Dew lies spilling its contents on the floor where it’s been knocked in all the commotion, along with a slice of half finished pizza and an upturned plate. Such is the story of the Basement Hero

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i don't em...play video games but this is good but i think i would appreicate it more if i played video games but i still like it :)

_Mags_ said...
Nice, you have made many video gamers proud

..PieIsAwkward.. said...
Video games are life. This is a spectacular story :]

-Insert_Evil_Laugh- said...
Ahahaha, I loved this. I can totally see it happening, too. Well done.

AaronLawrence said...
This was super good.  At first i started reading and i'm like is he serious, has he ever heard of realism, but when i reached the end this perfectly describes video game action, as well as all the afternoons spent in my friends basement eating pizza and playing vids. 

TheKing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:58 am
Good times huh?  ill remember times like these