Annoying Captive Monologue

"You know… if you loosened the rope, you'd be able to present me with two functioning arms…. Okay… okay, let's review the meaning of the word 'loosen'--ow…. Oh, yeah, that's much better. Thank you very much, sir. My hand's falling asleep. Awesome….

"You don't say much, do you?

"Yeah, I figured so. The strong and silent type, right? Huh. We haven't officially met. I'm Alex. And you are…?

"Okay, I'm going to call you… Rick. You look like a Rick. You're new, aren't you? Yeah… it's been awhile since I've been back here, and I don't think I've seen you before. When did you start? Hmm… I'm guessing not too long ago. You give off that newbie vibe--

"Hey! That was totally uncalled for, man! Ah… you knocked out a tooth. Not cool, man, not cool. Ugh… my only beverage is my blood. Thank you for that. Ugh….

"I bet he's not paying you much, is he--?

"Okay… ah… you--

"You… gotta say something or-or I'll never shut up. It's just {cough} not my way. Your boss should've… warned you….

"Hey. Hey, where're you going? Was it something I said? Rick…?

"Aw. Alex all alone….

"Oh. Hi, there. And you are?"

BloodRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
:) nice :)

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very funny. :)