The War Times | Teen Ink

The War Times

By DiegoLarach BRONZE, San Pedro Sula, Other
DiegoLarach BRONZE, San Pedro Sula, Other

Karham, a young, tall, white, blue eyes 23 year old British WWII sniper is promoted to captain. He deserves this rank because of his hard non-stopping work in the war. He is now adapted and used to living in a city filled with destroyed buildings and their remains. The sky was gray all the time and the smell of gun powder never left the city. The sounds aren’t many because the sounds of guns being fired overtake the other sounds. The rain comes often to this place of war as people in other places call it. It was also very humid so the soldiers and people fighting never sweat. Many other places remind him of this one but in many ways this place is unique. He had not gone to a place like this. The concrete remains of streets and buildings cover the city.

He had learned through time that the Germans had over 250 snipers operating in this violent war. The British, his team have only 6 snipers but they are specially trained for combat. Karham is using his old Springfield rifle his father had given him before he went to war. He thinks this rifle gives him power and honor because his father had used it in WWI. His rifle old rifle is like a new technologic Barret. He also knows the steps to snipe his enemies: Stay very quiet and camouflage, in one high place where would be hard to be spotted. He also has a great ability of quick scoping.

Today, August 23, 1945 he had kill the high rank Nazi sniper called Adolf Swanstigger. Swanstigger had received a shot in the heart. Karham shot him from 2 miles away. Adolf was aiming at an enemy when he received the shot in his heart. He was just a high-ranked nazi sniper but if the Nazi Chief of the sniper society was killed the society could collapse.

The leader of the Nazi society’s name is Furherm. If Furhem were killed the society would collapse. That could be the victory for the British. Furhem is hard to find. Karham had only seen Furherm once and he was being scorted by two guards who carried a Ptrs. Karham start to think “How can I kill Furherm without getting involved with the two guards. He set a goal to spot Furherm.

The next day Karham crouches in the highest building and starts to wait for Furherm. Karham waits for 10 hours and is now sleeping over his rifle. The barrel of the rifle is covered in concrete for a better camouflage. Karham is now sleeping but is awakened by the sound of a voice which is carried by the wind. Karham picks up his rifle, and aims east of where the voice come from. He is now in amazement because of the 50 Nazi soldiers walking by him in a group. He is in shock. Karham tries to move his fingers but he can’t. When the group leaves his scopes sight there comes Furherm. He is alone, because all the soldiers are know about 200 feet away.

on Oct. 27 2010 at 5:36 pm
Freddy Luna BRONZE, San Pedro Sula, Other
Good Job Diego Hav you written books? i would like to read more of your writing!

on Oct. 25 2010 at 3:14 pm
AntonG** BRONZE, El Progreso, Florida
buenisima, estupenda, gran trabajo. Tu maestro te deberia dar puntos extra por esa obra de arte. Maje de tus coments reales solo 1 de 3 son buenos. JAJAJAJAJA

on Oct. 19 2010 at 2:36 pm
MidnightWriter SILVER, Ontario, Other

Writers are a less dangerous version of the career criminal. Everywhere they go, they see the potential for the perfect crime. The difference is that writers have better self control.

You open in present tense and then switch to past and then go back to present. You switch back and forth a number of times. I like the idea. Keep writing, but it could use some technical improvments.

on Oct. 18 2010 at 7:24 am
CrazyKid56 BRONZE, Fredericksburg, Virginia
I flt you could have worded this a little better, but still good. Keep writing!

on Oct. 15 2010 at 7:37 pm
deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

Very realistic and good imagery. Great job!