~Frostbite~

Alert and stark at such a late hour I walked swiftly. The moon was in full bloom, it's light was blinding in contrast to the darkened sky. A cold as sharp as glass attack my bones with every dreaded step; early November was unrelenting. Sidewalk slipped behind faster and faster, gray pavement flashing over and over in my mind like a movie scroll. The time between each cement slab was miniscule. The street was empty, parked cars were scattered aimlessly about. Lamp posts flickered randomly, dialating my sensitive pupils. A crinkling of leaves and a snapping of fallen twigs sounded behind me. I was being followed.

This wasn't the first time my actions had caught up with me, I stopped and made my body pivot sharply to face the opposite direction. My stalker lingered inches away, smiling menacingly at my frostbitten face. My hand shot out instinctively, piercing his neck with the side of my frozen hand. He staggard backword worldlessly. Rushing him like this was some kind of sick game, I gripped his face and made it collide with my cold-hardened kneecap. A sweet cracking sound met my ears, coating my lips with the sweet coating of a smile.

His nose had been knocked out of his original alignment, pulling my smile further across my teeth. Blood trickled slowly down his face, like rain drops on a car window. He clenched his now crimson mouth and spat pulps of blood on the cement layered ground. I grinned wickedly at him, and with one leg behind him I pulled it forward and watched his soon-to-be carcas hit the curb. Standing to the left of his body, I whispered pleads for forgiveness from the God I wasn't sure existed. With a trust of my foot a loud snapping crack of his neck sung out into the distance. I bowed my head and left my casualty to the severe cold.

CrazyKid56 said...
Good story! I like the action in it too! Hope you write more like this!

communicativedistractions replied...
I shall try :)

midnightlove7 said...
I really liked this piece, its well detailed and has an awesome plot. Its very entertaining!  I hope you keep writing :)

communicativedistractions replied...
thanks :) gotta love fight scenes ;)

Broindon replied...
Nov. 3, 2010 at 9:49 am
Cool Dooooooooode

communicativedistractions replied...
:P thanks, I think