AniMorphs:Prologue | Teen Ink

AniMorphs:Prologue

“She’s one of us. I’m almost certain.” The teenage boy stared at the girl walking home from school, sniffing the air nervously.

“How can you be sure? You were wrong the last time.” The black-haired boy narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Shut up, Kai. She’s going to hear us.” The teenage boy hissed. Kai swelled up angrily, and a tiger-striped tail popped out of the seat of his pants.

“Kai, calm down. You’ve popped the tail again.” The girl behind them whispered. Kai took a deep breath in, and the tail disappeared.

“Good.” The girl said. She shook her waist-length straight brown hair and peeked out at the girl they were watching. She had wavy black shoulder-length hair, and she had gray-green eyes. She narrowed her eyes, then turned and dashed away.

“She’s one of us. Canis lupus.” The teenage boy said, coming out from their hiding place and shaking his curly brown hair.

“Canis.....lupus? What’s that, Randall?” Kai climbed out after him.

“Gray wolf.” Randall said. “We could definitely use her. Kai, could you keep an eye on her? Mallory and I are going to go back to see how the others are doing.”

“Okay.” Kai said and nodded. He dashed off after the girl.

GeekGirl5 said...
on Sep. 21 2010 at 6:03 pm
This sounds relly intersting I can't waite to read more.