Citizen having a bad day. | Teen Ink

Citizen having a bad day.

September 1, 2010
By Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
16 articles 0 photos 620 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)


“Ah!,” I screamed in horror. I bet you’re wondering why I was screaming. I will rewind this story to the beginning. It all happened on one not so sunny morning, in April, in California. I was happily dreaming of the miraculous sunset and stunning, ruby-red roses, when all of a sudden I hear a loud siren and a booming voice shouting,” Put your hands up, we have the place surrounded.”



Automatically I’m thinking,” What could I possibly have done, I just woke up.” I walked down the stairs super careful and turning at every sound I hear.



When my brother saw me looking frantic and acting like I had just seen a ghost, he laughed hysterically and asked, “What are you a ninja working for the FBI? Are you going to arrest me if I eat some of your favorite cereal?”



“Ha-ha, you’re so funny,” I say sarcastically, then glare at him and add,” What did you do? Why are there cops outside our house?”



“What are you talking about?,” he yells, now getting upset that I would accuse him of something like that.



“I’m talking about the loud sirens and cops yelling outside our house,” I shout back at him.



“Wow!, Are you stupid or what? I’m watching Bounty Hunter, you dork,”he snaps at me getting even madder than before.



“It sounded like it was coming from outside,” I strongly suggested.



“If you so insist on this then we can check outside,” he stubbornly remarked.



When I opened the front door and saw the police officer I turned to my brother and said,” Ha, I told you so.”



My brother just stayed quiet for a while in shame and shock with eyes big and mouth gaped. The officer then said,” I need to search your house ‘Mam, please let me come in.”



“Oh there’s nothing going on here except for brother and sister rivalry, nice to see you though,” I try to be polite and smile a fake smile inconspicuously.” Do you have a search warrant?,” I also add.



“Don’t tell me the laws, and I don’t have one,” the officer grouched at me. Just then he pushed me aside and proceeded to the kitchen. He walked in, saw a box of donuts and exclaimed, “Ahha! I knew it. You poisoned these donuts and now I will have to confiscate them. You’re coming with me little lady.”



“What? You just said that so you could steal our donuts,” I yell back at him.



“Shut up,” the cop barked at me.



“The first amendment says that I have the right to have free speech,” I boldly stated.



“Not when you’re around me, you don’t,” he yelled and dragging me to the car. When we got to the police headquarters he told me that I was also being sued, but didn’t tell me why or by who. He also skipped the grand Jury and put me right in court to be judged.



I found out later that I was being sued by someone because I have the same scarf as them and it hurts their pride to see me wear it. The Jury was unfair and said I was guilty because they were all her best friends.

At the end of the day I was whistling and skipping at the same time and got slapped for it. The Judge totally made me do twenty pushups. How lame is that? What made me really angry though is, when I came home and my brother was cracking up because it turns out that my bad day was just a part of his evil plan to prank me on April fool’s day, which is today. He also mentioned that he had the whole day on video. He bought me ice cream though, after I threatened to show the video to Mom. I do have to hand it to him for being the cleverest ten-year old ever. That might be useful someday, oh yeah and the screaming I mentioned earlier was when I found out this was all a prank. What a jerk, well I’ve got to finish my ice cream before it melts.

The author's comments:
This was originally a school assaignment, then I posted this on my blog, then I posted it to Ink Pop, and now I'm posting it here.This story was a class assignment about 7 of the bill of rights being violated resulting in a very bad day for a U.S. citizen plus there’s an added twist to make the story really funny at the end. I’m not going to spoil the ending so you’ll just have to read the story to find out. Also please comment or rate.