the last adventure | Teen Ink

the last adventure

By Moorbeauty SILVER, Miami, Florida
Moorbeauty SILVER, Miami, Florida

" I am a female, I can do beyond my limits"

“Mother I’m going out into the forest again” Candace yelled from the back of the shed where her and her family lived. “Be back before dark Candace” her mother Emilia yelled. She’s a true adventurer, she packed lightly and knew how to survive in the worst conditions just like her father. She always wanted to live in her father’s footsteps after he died from lung cancer. “yes,mother” she yelled slinging her bookbag on her back and running out the wooden door She didn’t tell her mother about her plan to stop and see ol’ man Jenkins, who was blind in one eye and had a serious case of out bursts. Even though Candace was only twelve years of age and knew right from wrong she still liked to take chances. Usually, she’d take the first path to the left to get to ol’man Jenkins house but today she decided to find a new way, she took the 5th path to the right and by the time she was on her fifth step she was dragged by her legs into a ground hole. “ Mother !!!!!” Candace yelled as she clawed at the ground trying to pull herself up. “ tie her up you fool!” said a wicked crowned voice from behind her. “ but, but Ma she’s little” a man as ugly as dirt pleaded. Candace wigged and kicked trying to get free from the ropes tied around her legs and arms. “ relax little girl, I’m orgen and my mother’s name is Ma “ Orgen said trying to calm Candace down. “ I don’t care, let me go” she yelled. Orgen got up and ran towards a tunnel just to the right of candace. “if you wouldn’t have traveled into the unknown then you wouldn’t have been picked “ he told her running away.

it has a moral ! that i would love for people to understand ! "stick to what you know"

on Sep. 16 2010 at 6:04 am
Moorbeauty SILVER, Miami, Florida

i sure will !

JorJorBinks BRONZE, Blah, Oklahoma

When life gives you lemons you yell at it "Who the heck told you i wanted lemons!"

Great story! I loved it, nice moral too!

Be sure to check out some of my work too! I love to hear what people think!