Koto Matsuri -Chapter 1- | Teen Ink

Koto Matsuri -Chapter 1-

By CaptainFoss BRONZE, Platte City, Missouri
CaptainFoss BRONZE, Platte City, Missouri

"Wherever I go, I'm the god of calamity" - Zatoichi: The Fugitive.

"Koto! Wait up!" yelled Natsumi from down the hall.
"Huh? What do you want?" he said back with curious eyes.
"well, I wanted to give you something, I know you're going to be gone for a long time so I thought I would give you something to remember me by." Natsumi said as she quickly developed soggy eyes.
"Oh, how thoughtful of you Natsumi, what is it?"
"It's not much but here, my grandfather gave it to me before him."She turned away for a second, "... passed away."
"Your grandfather's sword! I can't accept this, this must mean a lot to you!" he said overwhelmed.
"It means nothing sitting in our basement dyeing with time, I'd rather it be held and used with honor like my grandfather used to. "
"Natsumi, you know there's a chance I may never come back, something May happen or well...you know."
Koto looked to the ground as in regret for mentioning the factor of death.
"Actually, with this sword comes a promise, the promise that you make it back to me!" She looked him dead in the eye and showed much concern.
"Natsumi, you know my love will always bring me back to you."
He put his hands around her waist and gently kissed her on the forehead and then he spoke softly into her ear "I promise."
Natsumi turned the delicate gradient colors of a blooming cherry blossom as her heart seemed to set a blaze. Tears ran down her cheeks and met the crevices of her smile.
"I love you Koto, Please be careful!"
"I love you too, I'll be as careful as the guy who challenges me"
Koto kissed Natsumi's forehead one last time, delivered his last smile and proceeded into Lord Hyabushi's tent.

We set off with Koto Matsuri on his way to becoming a Samurai