The Boston Red Sox Game | Teen Ink

The Boston Red Sox Game

June 16, 2010
By ANT13 SILVER, Northwood, New Hampshire
ANT13 SILVER, Northwood, New Hampshire
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I feel like this should be a famous quote/saying: Talk from your heart because the beats that come out are the words of heart, good choices. each beat is a choice, no beat equals giving up. 1 beat can make a difference, so can't you.


Cast:



Fans

Murderer

Doctor

David Ortiz

Manny Ramirez

Jason Bay

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Jason Varitek

Terry Francona

Announcer

Madonna

Johnny Damon

Derek Jeter

Alex Rodriguez

Cops



Scene One: Semifinals
(The pitch is thrown…Out)

Daisuke: Yes! We won, we won.
Jason Varitek: Nice fastball though easy down a little bit, you really hit me hard.

Day 2: Game two.
Announcer: Welcome back Red Sox fans. We’re back at the bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, bases loaded, 3 balls, 2 strikes, and score is tied 5-5. David Ortiz is up to bat with Jason Bay on deck.
(The pitch is coming…WHACK!)

Announcer: Wowee… wait a minute…the ball is still up in the air. It is........Out of here. HOME RUN! The Red Sox are heading to the World Series. Yahoo.



Scene 2: World Series

Announcer: Please welcome to sing our national anthem, the one and only Maaaaaaaadooooooonna.

Madonna: O say! Can you see, by the dawn early light, what so proudly we hail’d, at the twilight’s last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, o’er the ramparts we watch’d were so gallantly streaming? And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the light. That our flag was still there. O says does that star spangled banner yet wave. O’er the land of the free, and the home of the brave.
(The crowd’s wild)

Announcer: Allrighty Red Sox fans, let’s PLAY BAAALLL! First up to bat… Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees. Here’s the pitch and it’s a fouled out strike one. Another fouled out pitch 0-2 and this is looking tough already. A fastball by Daisuke Matsuzaka and…a swing and a miss strike three HE’S OUT!
(In the Red Sox Bullpen.)
David Ortiz: So how do you guys think this game will be?
Manny Ramirez: I say it will go pretty rough.
Jason Bay: I say it will be a 1-2-3 just like that sort of game.
David Ortiz: Really?
Manny Ramirez and Jason Bay: Yeah, Really.
Announcer: All right people there are 2 outs, 1 man on base, and Johnny Damon is up to bat. Here’s the pitch and it’s a pop fly and it’s going deep and it is OUT!!! How did that happen, it floated and just dropped. Well the Red Sox are certainly having a good game. They’re 27-21 and they are 2 games behind the New York Yankees. Up to bat now is David Ortiz and here’s the swing and POOF. Wait a minute David Ortiz is down on home plate... We need a doctor down there.
(15 minutes later)
(Doctor talking to announcer and cops): He’s been shot in the lower right side of the waist.
Cops: Were there any witnesses?
Announcer: The whole stadium but they all left.
(Both teams run out of the dugout to support David and help him to the ambulance.)
Announcer: This game is now suspended and is now happening tomorrow. We will see you red sox fans tomorrow. But before we leave and if David Ortiz Makes it out of the Hospital lets have a couple minutes of silence. Have a great nit- wait I just got some fascinating news... The Yankees are giving the Red Sox the Title. How about that lets give the Yankees a special thanks and round of applause.
(Meanwhile at the hospital David is already into surgery.)
(Doctor Talks to Terry):
Doctor: He could be a couple of years to be repaired.
Terry: HUH, A couple of years?
Doctor: Yes
Terry: But How, It’s only a bullet on the side of the waist.
Doctor: NO it isn’t.
Terry; What?
Doctor: He was shot in the waist and the bullet broke into 2 pieces and we have to pull them out and stitch his body up and put him in a wheel chair.
Terry: Can he come down to the field though?
Doctor: Oh yes, he just has to be wheeled down that’s all.
Murderer; Excuse me but umm are you Terry Franconia the red sox coach?
Terry; Yes But why do you ask- Hey Wait get back here.
Doctor: I think he’s the one.
Terry: Me too.
Rest of Red Sox team; me too.
Terry; what are you guys doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be playing the game?
Red Sox team: yeah but they cancelled the game at first and then the Yankees gave us the title for David’s’ sake.
(Outside is the murderer running away and the cops stopping him to see why he is running.)
Cop: Sir why are you running away?
Murderer: Because...Because...Because I just want to jog around.
Cop; Yeah right, Hey what’s that in your pocket with that gun shaped handle?
Murderer; It’s my lighter.
Cop; Prove it.
(Murderer pulls it out and open fires but his gun is jammed and soon is arrested for shooting a baseball player at a game and will be charged either to a death penalty or 46 years in prison.)
(At court the defendant shows a picture of David and asks if he shot this man.

Murderer: No, I’ve never seen him before.
(Court says he’s lying and they put him up to a lie detector and he states before he gets to the machine, he is sentenced to 46 years in prison.)
Meanwhile at the Red Sox stadium Johnny Damon talks to Manny Ramirez.
Johnny Damon: I wonder what David is going through?
Manny Ramirez: I don’t know.
(Sound of bus leaving and another one pulling up and Terry gets out.)
Johnny and Manny: How is he?
Terry: Not good, He has 2 bullet pieces in him and the doctor said he would be a couple of years to be fully recovered.
Johnny Damon: Oh
Manny Ramirez: That stinks, I mean he is like the best player in the MLB no offense to anyone but do you realize who he is guys. He’s our DH...Designated Hitter!
Johnny Damon: Yeah you’re right.
(At the hospital David is just getting out of surgery and asks Terry for his team to be at the hospital at 9:45 A.M. and to tell the announcer that he should always announce his name as one of the greatest players.)





Scene 3: Home at last

David Ortiz: I can’t wait to get back on the field and play ball.
Manny Ramirez: who easy David, One step at a time, though it would be great to do.
(Sound of Terry and the rest of team opening the door and giving David a warm welcome back.)
Everyone talking to David: WELCOME HOME DAVID.
David Ortiz: Thanks guys, you truly are the best friends to ever be on a team with and by that meaning if I’m injured you guys are there for me and I’ll always be there for you.






THE END!


The author's comments:
I was bored and i wanted to try writing something new.