The Wolf Girl

The wolf girl. That's who I was. Did I live with wolves? No way, but I felt a connection to them. They were wild but free and they had no one trying to control them. This is how we were alike. I had no one to control me either.

My parents? They died 4 years ago in a plane crash somewhere in the Amazon jungles. I had been 13. My older sister? She died too, a little after I turned 17. Well I guess she wasn't really dead, just there one day and then she was gone. No one knew where she was and I didn't even want to try. If she didn't want to be here then fine. I was fine with that. The people who wern't were my school principal and guidence councelor. They both acted like the mother who I would never get back. They would sometimes cook my sister and I home-cooked meals and bring it over and so, Mrs. McCutty didn't really seem like my principal. She seemed more like a friend. They didn't want me to live by myself but I got emancipated. I showed everyone who doubted me that I could live by myself and now I did. I didn't throw parties or anything like that. I did nice grocery shopping and didn't live off oreos or something like that. This was who I was. I was responsible, and alone. Very much alone.

still-a-novice said...
I really liked it. I liked the way that she insisted on being happy,but addmit's a little defeat in the end.

CLC93 said...

This is pretty good. You should add more description. Is this only the beginning of a story? or is it a synopsis?