The Mountains Assassin! | Teen Ink

The Mountains Assassin!

June 16, 2010
By Babygirlwriter SILVER, Brockville, Other
Babygirlwriter SILVER, Brockville, Other
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Think of flowers, rainbows and moons. That will always lighten your mood.

I'm a girl who is always lost, never on track. I bet there are more out there like me well do as I do and try, try and you'll be somewhat okay. I know I am.


''Shhh...’’ I whispered for Jay to be quiet as I pressed my ear up against the crack in the door.
''What are they saying?'' Jay asked me taping me lightly on the shoulder, almost making me jump.
''I said will you shut up and listen to what I am trying to tell you!'' A woman yelled from the other side of the closed door. ''Just listen to me, they will be coming in the next few days and they are going to come with great force.'' The woman said moments later.
''What is she talking about?'' Jay asked again.
''Will you be quiet please because of you I didn't hear what was being said.'' I said tuning to face Jay; his blue eyes sparkled a little in the candle light. We were sitting up against the door at 11 o'clock at night trying to figure out what all the yelling and arguing was about.
''Did you hear that?''
''What Jay? I didn’t hear anything because you won’t stop talking!'' I whispered frantically to him.
''Foot steps.'' He simply said calmly.
''What!'' I said jumping up off the ground and pulled Jay with me. ''We can’t be seen here, it’s after hours and we’re supposed to be in bed.'' I said dragging Jay down the corridor. The long white and blue corridor was like a hallway in hospitals, they were plain and they were always so cold.
''Oww! Will you loosen your grip on my arm, your going to rip it off with the amount of force you putting in to my bones with your nails.'' Jay said prying my fingers from his forearm.
''Oh, will you calm down. I don't even have long finger nails.'' I said with a small laugh.
Jay laughed, too. '' Maybe so but you were still inflicting a lot of strength into that hold, thanks to you I might have a bruise tomorrow.'' Jay said but still laughed. We had finally gotten to the end of the hall where it separated in to two more corridors. I looked behind us to see if there was anyone following us but there was just Jay and me alone in the corridor. ''There's no one there.'' Jay suddenly whispered in my right ear.
''S***!'' I squeaked jumping in the air. ''What did you have to do that for?''
''Because it's really fun, bugging you and it's really funny to hear you squeak like that.'' Jay laughed. ''But really there was no one there, there weren't even any foot steps. I just wanted to see the look on you face as you thought we might get in trouble. Man! It sure did make my day.'' He laughed again.
''My god, Jay you can be so immature sometimes. I really wanted to know what that fight was about and who Mr. Reily was talking to but now because of you I will never know.'' I said smacking him in the shoulder bone.
''S***! Oww, man! That hurt.'' Jay said rubbing his arm. ''Now I don't think I want to tell you what they were talking about.''
''Jay! Tell me! Come on you can't just keep something like this to yourself besides you have no friends to brag about this too.''
''You really want to know, Amarantha?''
'' Yes I want to know but do not ever call me that again, you know to call me Ally.'' I said but still smiled with excitement.
''Mr. Reily is arguing with a Mrs. June who is here to warn him.''
'' To warn him about what, Jay? About what?''
''The mountains, they're coming for us. They think that are training is going sour, that we aren't fighting enough.'' Jay said looking me directly in the eye, he always looks at me the way his is now when he is telling the total truth.
''Why are they coming for us? They should at least give us notice so we can step up our game.''
''Ally, they did give us notice. Apparently they notified Mr. Reily he just never told us. I think they going to be here in the morning.'' Jay said calmly but I could see the look in his eyes that he was slightly scared of what might happen.
''Bu-But that can't do that to us, what are we going to do?'' I asked some tears pouring out of my eyes.
''It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay.'' Jay said as he pulled me into his arms, they were warm and familiar. I dug my face into the neck of his black shirt as he comforted me. ''I won't let anything happen to you, don't worry.'' He repeated softly as he lightly patted my back as I inhaled the sweet scent of his skin.