Mummies | Teen Ink

Mummies

April 13, 2010
By omar moussa BRONZE, Clifton, New Jersey
omar moussa BRONZE, Clifton, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Screeeech” went the stone door as it opened. Omar had accidently leaned on a button that opened a door leading to a long staircase. Omar is a twelve year old boy with curly black hair, brown eyes, and light brown skin from playing under the sun too much. He wore tan shorts and a white American eagle shirt with CO 81 written across the front. Omar was with his friend John who was also twelve but had blond hair, blue eyes, and a light tan skin. John wore jeans and an Abercrombie shirt with Abercrombie written down the side. Omar and John started to descend the stairs.
“When will these stairs end,” whined John after five minutes of descending. At the very moment John said that they came to the bottom.
“Is it getting cold or is it me?” asked Omar.
“No it is getting cold. It is dark in here I wish I had a flash light.”
“Lucky for us I brought my mini, lucky flashlight along.” When Omar opened the light the first thing they noticed was a big tomb surrounded by jewels, gold, pearls and every other kind of jewel you could name. The tomb and walls had hieroglyphics all over them there was also a sculpture of the front of the dead mummy on the top of the tomb. There were about ten or twelve other minor tombs lining the back of the chamber.
“Yes! We have hit the jack pot dude. We are going to be rich. We are going to get every thing we ever wanted,” shouted Omar.
“Hey, Omar look what I found behind this mummy”
“What is it?”
“It is a door and it was behind the mummy in the middle.”
“Well what are waiting for go inside we might find more money!” But when they went inside they found themselves inside a Chamber of mummies. The mummies were rapped in cloth with only one eye was showing and some of the cloth is dangling off their hands. “tcht” went the door as it went behind them.
“Hey, who closed the door,” shouted Omar.
“Try opening it,” John suggested.
“It will not budge” said Omar though grunts.
“So let’s see” stated john as he paced; “we are stuck in a room full of mummies and the temperature is dropping!”
“Tsht” all the tops on the mummy’s tombs came off. Mummies started walking out and started following them. They sprinted around the chamber. Omar accidently dropped his flashlight and when he turned to retrieve it he noticed that all the mummies were backing away except for one who was burning into the air. Then Omar got an idea. “Hey John wait up!”
“Yeah,” answered John shakily.
“These mummies’ are scared of light, so I say we shine the light on them, evaporate or whatever happens to them, then try and find a way out.” After vaporizing the last mummy the door opened by it self. They immediately ran out of the chamber up the stairs totally forgetting about the jewels and just thinking about getting as far away as possible.
“Wow, that was weird,” exclaimed Omar as he got out of bed to go to school. Once he got there he told his friend all about the dream he had.
“Well that was a coincidence I had the same dream to,” exclaimed John.


The author's comments:
i was bored so i wrote this.