Elevator | Teen Ink

Elevator

By 0szinte SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
0szinte SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

“Gee girls, it sure is warm in here,” spoke a blonde girl, sitting in the corner of the busted elevator.

“If I have to spend another moment in here with you, I may just cry!” said the brunette girl, keeping evil eye contact with the petite blonde.
“If I had one wish, it would be to get out of here with you two girls.” The red head
yelled, throwing her head back in exasperation. The elevator then made a violent shake and a large moaning sound rumbled above them.

“Girls! Like, what is going on?” the blonde girl asked nervously.

“Hello!” boomed a deep voice from the mirror inside the elevator.

All three girls turned to face an emerald, shimmering face.

“Oh my God!” the girls screeched in unison.

“Do not worry ladies,” the shadow said calmingly. “I am a genie and I am here to grant you one wish, seeing as you may want one at this moment.”

The girls didn’t move and looked at each other skeptically. The brunette took a deep breath and spoke.

“Ok, I’ve got my wish. I wish I could leave this elevator!”

“Wish granted,” the genie said. Within moments, a grey smoke encircled the brunette and she disappeared.

“Hey! I wish for the same thing!” said the red head, jolting upwards from the floor. Again, a grey smoke swirled around the red head and she vanished.

The genie waited calmly for the blonde to make her wish.

“So, like, I can wish for anything?” the blonde asked quizzically. She twirled her hair around her fingers and bit her bottom lip out of nervous habit.

“Of course!” the genie said, crossing his arms in slight impatience.

“Well, um, ok! I wish this elevator had air conditioning, cause it sure is hot in here.”

A rush of cold air whooshed in from the vents in the ceiling of the elevator.

“Ah, much better,” the blonde said as she slouched deeper into the corner of the elevator.