Murder Mystery in Miami | Teen Ink

Murder Mystery in Miami

March 4, 2010
By TheFlash BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
TheFlash BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

10 YEARS AGO: 26 YEARS OLD

Boom! Smack! “And he’s down!” the announcer screams. I throw up my arms into the air; I had just won the World Championship for boxing. It was a hard win; I went out with a broken nose and a black eye.

PRESENT DAY:

It’s August in Miami. Weather is nice as usual. As I was walking to the market I heard a gunshot followed by a scream. It was coming from the house on the other side of the street. Instead of whipping out my cell phone and calling the police, I run into the house. Inside I found blood smeared all over the walls. As I step inside the kitchen I found a body. A teenage girl was lying on the floor writhing in pain. I called an ambulance, and then another gunshot echoed around the house. Pain seared through my body, starting at my shoulder. I turned around to find the man who I had beat in the Championships. I started chasing him down the street and got as far as I could go before he got in a Camero and drove away. By the time I got back to the house they were loading the dead body of the girl into an ambulance, they put me into another one.

5 HOURS LATER:

“Good morning Mr.” said the officer.

“What do you want?” I respond.

“Information,” the cop replies.

I had been moved around the city quite a lot while I was unconscious the cop tells me. But that’s not what he wanted to talk about. He wants information about the murder I witnessed.


I told him that I got there after the girl was shot. The man who shot her was Steve Winters. He was a boxer like me. I told the officer that I don’t know why he shot the girl. The officer told me it was because of a relationship between Steve and an actress. Then the lights went out.


The case was solved three years later. Steve was mad at his girlfriend (the actress) and took it out on her daughter, hence the murder. He had a prison sentence of fifty years. He died from starving himself with only thirteen years left.

THE END


The author's comments:
It was an assignment.