The Mistake | Teen Ink

The Mistake

“Hey, jerk,” I stammered. “Yeah! I’m talking to you,” I said, to the sudden response of bewilderment he showed on his face. Detesting him was my gift, since I was two years old. Chris always got what he wanted, while I tried all my life to get something. Suddenly I grabbed him by his throat, immediately suffocating him as he scrambled to the slippery ground towards the door. Since I put his face in the toilet I had just p***ed over, the smell and color of it wanted to make me throw up. “Ha! Ha! Ha! ,you finally got what you deserved.” As I jerked his head backwards, “Creak,” was what filled the whole restroom. All around me the only thing I could see was blood. Streams were being forced out of his neck as I suddenly felt I was in big trouble. Everything around me seemed to darken, as the windows shadowed black. Even the lights started to faint, like if I was getting blind. I started to feel dizzy as the walls seemed to accuse me and demand me an explanation for my brother’s death. I even started seeing shadows relative to the ones in my dreams. I knew that sooner or later I was going to pay for this. In the far corner I could see a small 9mm revolver thrown in the garbage can, and that’s when I suddenly I started to get depressed. It was like if someone was taking control of me. I couldn’t stop feeling possessed, so I knew what I had to do.

I thought of all the horrible moments that had happened in my miserable life, and how I was a mistake. Like when I tried to give my mom a present and received two slaps on my face. “Nobody likes me in the world,” is what I kept saying to myself. I watched my little brother bleed until no more blood came out, for five straight hours. This is when it all happened. “Boom,” all the pressure in my body started condensing and overpowering my resistance of pain in my intestines. I started seeing black spots as all my emotions came crashing towards me in an instinct. This is what I wanted. I slowly placed myself with the last efforts of strength next to my brother’s body. I regretted everything I did to him. I realized that at the end they were trying to protect me, but it was too late. Like the time when they told me not to put my hand in the stove, I put my dog in the oven to get them back. It was all for a reason. Suddenly I blacked out, and the last noise I heard was my brother's horrible screams. He had survived, and it was now too late for me. I wasn't going to make it. My life had evolved and I was going to leave my family behind like if I were a bird migrating to the north.

Goofy GOLD said...
on Apr. 29 2010 at 5:57 pm
Goofy GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
That had grat detail. It was like you had seen the scene yourself.