Tick Tick Tick | Teen Ink

Tick Tick Tick

March 3, 2010
By Justin H. BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Justin H. BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was an average Sunday night I was in my room studying for my high school finals. Out of no were I here an extremely loud sound form outside. I bolted downstairs asking the most obvious question of the day.

“Did anyone hear that?” I repeatedly questioned. No one was home but me. In the following 15 seconds I heard another annouingly loud sound, but this one was even louder than the first one. I dashed outside in my Scooby Doo P.J pants (I’m a huge cartoon fan). With my I-pod in my pocket. Tick, Tick, Tick boom!

“Oh crap!” I yelled at the top of my lungs heavily breathing as I dropped to the ground throwing my hands over my head. The last “explosion” was either right behind me or to the right of me. I dashed toward the direction of my very old and worn out Chevy truck and drove away from the location I was previously in.

At around 5:13 a.m. on March 23rd all of the “explosions” had stopped, and I found my self sitting at a surprisingly crowded Starbucks coffee shop. I was sharing a booth with three people I would never of thought I’d meet in my life, but here we were. The older man next to me was obnoxiously chomping away at a breakfast burrito. Two across from me were sharing buttermilk pancakes and nearly whispering in very low voices. Around 7:30 everyone but me left the shop, the Dunkin Donuts across the street was also clearing out. (This was my only opportunity for breakfast).

Nothing went wrong all day we got the day off of school to study (I still wonder why). At 7:47 p.m. when everything happened yesterday, I think I re-lived my post diner evening. Boom! Boom! Boom! This was loud enough for me to extremely flinch. On this round of “explosions” I ran strait for my car and drove into town and got a window seat at the Dunkin Donuts that I don’t remember entering.

Early the next morning no one was on the streets everyone was outside my house on the ground. The first assumption I had was that they were all dead, but why were they around my house? I didn’t even know half of the people that were there. I moved past it and later found out they were gone. They must have left when I went to the bathroom. (What everyone has to go sometime.) Later all the “explosions” were over and I had one day to not worry as much as, to what had happened the last night and the night before with all the obnoxious bangs and booms. A whole week went by with no more mysterious noises. Now the streak was up to a month with no “explosions” I figured they were all done so I finally got a good nights sleep the next night was the same except for at 12:00 I heard a beeping noise thinking it was my alarm but it wasn’t I counted down from 15 for some reason It was really loud to it wasn’t just a whisper, well it started out as that but around 7 I got surprisingly loud and in 3…2…1… CAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! It was instant bright orange, red, and yellow. The whole world had blown up except for Australia boy I wish I was there at the time.