A Dare

My heart pounded as I lied on the tracks. How the hell did I always get myself into these situations? Because I didn’t want to be showed up by Jimmy. I heard the train in the distance, the cheers of the other kids who stood a few feet away from the tracks, the ringing of the train-crossing signs. I DARE YOU, I DARE YOU, I DARE YOU! Their voices rang in my head.

Just a few more seconds; a few more seconds. The train whistle grew louder and louder. Good enough.

I jumped up and heard a loud pop and my leg gave out. I crumpled back to the ground, which was when the pain started. I yelped when I saw the source, my ankle was jammed between two rails in the track. Oh no. I pulled on my ankle and gasped as a wave of pain streamed up my leg. I could see the train begin to appear in the distance.

Panic set in. Gritting my teeth, I ignored the burning pain and pulled and twisted my leg, trying anything to get free. I yanked until I saw stars but my ankle wouldn’t budge. The train was getting closer. I screamed wordlessly and turned to the other kids. They didn’t seem to realize something was wrong, they were probably thinking how gutsy I was to be staying on the tracks so long. After all, I was the self-proclaimed Queen of Dares.

“Help!” They couldn’t hear me over the train. I tried crawling off the tracks but didn’t get very far. I DARE YOU, I DARE YOU! “Guys, please help me!” The train was on top of me.

I DARE YOU!

Blue4 said...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:09 am:
This is wonderful, it is short, but the length seems perfect to me. five out of five... again! ;-)

MusicIsLife013 replied...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 1:23 pm :
thank you :)

Keaira said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 4:26 pm:
My cousion's friend died this way.  It was a dare.  he would stand on the tracks untill thr train came and then jump off.  They were drunk and he didn't jump off in time.

gollyitshannah said...
May 12, 2010 at 8:47 pm:

omg this was intense. It was breathtaking.

you are an amazing writing.

check out my stuff??

SageSin said...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:50 am:

AWE STRIKING! I love your pieace adn I am Going to favorite it! ~

////,...,^  <------This is fang he says: IM NOT GONNA CRY I SWEAR!

MusicIsLife013 replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 3:22 pm :
haha wow! It means so much to me when people like my stuff :)

ZAVERY said...
Short and AMAZING!!!! I just love this! Very mysterious.

MusicIsLife013 replied...
Apr. 3, 2010 at 10:37 pm :
aw well thank you very much!! :)

nitegirl said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 9:21 am:

wow that wuz amazing

very good but u should write more to it (idk how how mayb add wat the darers thoughts were)

citylightsgirl93 said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 2:29 pm:
wow this was really amazing and very suspensful! great work