A Dare

My heart pounded as I lied on the tracks. How the hell did I always get myself into these situations? Because I didn’t want to be showed up by Jimmy. I heard the train in the distance, the cheers of the other kids who stood a few feet away from the tracks, the ringing of the train-crossing signs. I DARE YOU, I DARE YOU, I DARE YOU! Their voices rang in my head.

Just a few more seconds; a few more seconds. The train whistle grew louder and louder. Good enough.

I jumped up and heard a loud pop and my leg gave out. I crumpled back to the ground, which was when the pain started. I yelped when I saw the source, my ankle was jammed between two rails in the track. Oh no. I pulled on my ankle and gasped as a wave of pain streamed up my leg. I could see the train begin to appear in the distance.

Panic set in. Gritting my teeth, I ignored the burning pain and pulled and twisted my leg, trying anything to get free. I yanked until I saw stars but my ankle wouldn’t budge. The train was getting closer. I screamed wordlessly and turned to the other kids. They didn’t seem to realize something was wrong, they were probably thinking how gutsy I was to be staying on the tracks so long. After all, I was the self-proclaimed Queen of Dares.

“Help!” They couldn’t hear me over the train. I tried crawling off the tracks but didn’t get very far. I DARE YOU, I DARE YOU! “Guys, please help me!” The train was on top of me.

Blue4 said...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:09 am
This is wonderful, it is short, but the length seems perfect to me. five out of five... again! ;-)
MusicIsLife013 replied...
thank you :)
Keaira said...
My cousion's friend died this way.  It was a dare.  he would stand on the tracks untill thr train came and then jump off.  They were drunk and he didn't jump off in time.
gollyitshannah said...

omg this was intense. It was breathtaking.

you are an amazing writing.

check out my stuff??

SageSin said...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:50 am

AWE STRIKING! I love your pieace adn I am Going to favorite it! ~

////,...,^  <------This is fang he says: IM NOT GONNA CRY I SWEAR!

MusicIsLife013 replied...
haha wow! It means so much to me when people like my stuff :)
ZAVERY said...
Short and AMAZING!!!! I just love this! Very mysterious.
MusicIsLife013 replied...
aw well thank you very much!! :)
nitegirl said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 9:21 am

wow that wuz amazing

very good but u should write more to it (idk how how mayb add wat the darers thoughts were)

citylightsgirl93 said...
wow this was really amazing and very suspensful! great work