Just the beginning; Part Two | Teen Ink

Just the beginning; Part Two

January 30, 2010
By flare556 BRONZE, Fultonville, New York
flare556 BRONZE, Fultonville, New York
2 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
I like pie!


…Present day, The Camps…
My heart still stung from the injected salt, when we finally got a view of the camps.

Our plan was simple. Step one; I would disconnect the chips of the subjects that were guarding the Camps.

Step Two; Robert and Scott will place bombs on the sleeping quarters of the subjects that weren’t on duty, while I release the hostages.
Step three; we get the heck outta here.

Now did I mention that absolutely nothing ever works out for us on Plan A? Well it doesn’t, and this is just an example of one of those ‘wonderful’ times.
I parked near the front gate of the Camps. But instead of there just being a few guards out like we expected, there was forty. They actually looked almost human except… their eyes were glowing red.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“I don’t know,” said Robert.
We glared at Scott.
“I don’t know earthier!” He said in a shaky voice.
I swiftly yanked my laptop out of its case and started downloading my virus on to their chips.
The window next to me shattered into I million pieces, followed by a large sound that could only be recognized as gun fire.
I had to keep the computer safe in order for the virus to download, so I snatched it up as quickly as I could, and bolted from the car and hid behind a bolder five meters away from the line of subjects. Bullets seemed to rain across my field of vision no matter which direction I turned my head.
Scott and Robert raced out of the car just as the car exploded and were making a futile attempt to fight off the guard’s by throwing dynamite at them. I could hear people’s screams coming from every direction; weather they were screams of battle, or screams of terror I couldn’t tell.
My computer screen read; Download 56% Complete… 57%... 58%...
“Come on Eve hurry it up!” Robert and Scott kept screaming over the chaos.
“I am, I am!”
‘Download 88% Complete… 89%.... 90%... 91%...’
Suddenly a feeling of hopelessness and fear consumed my body.
I looked up to find a guard standing right in front of me, his gun aimed for my head.
My heart stopped beating. My eyes stung with tears. I tried to scream but no sounds came out.
The ground started shaking as an explosive erupted a foot away from me.
I did the only thing I could do. I shot him in his foot and ran.
My computer read; Download 98%... 99%... 100% complete.
But the madness didn’t cease to end. I was too far away from the line for the signal to reach them. I had to get closer.
I started running faster and farther than I ever had each step made me feel more and more powerful, as I got closer and closer to the line.
Bullets attacked me from every direction but I just kept dodging them getting closer and closer to my goal.
Little by little the gun fire diminished until it just finally stopped, and the subjects fell to the ground. I personally made sure that they wouldn’t get up again.
As it turned out there were only forty subjects at the Camp. When we were done releasing the victims from their burning huts, however I found something quite odd.
“Scott I thought you said the subjects were made for the Indian army?”

“They are. Why?” he asked as he came closer to where I was standing.
I looked down. This subject was wearing a United States army uniform…