Suicide Island part 2 | Teen Ink

Suicide Island part 2

By Zach Finzi BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
Zach Finzi BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

Ethan awoke on the beach next to his dad and Billy’s dad. He sat up. “Were you going champ” asked his father.” Ethan stared at him.
“Were is Billy” asked Ethan.
“He isn’t with us any more we took good care of him though” said Bill’s dad who was know getting up. The two dads inched closer to him. Ethan started inching back
“Who are, your not my dad and your not Billy’s dad” said Ethan while his lower lip trembled. The dad’s eyes began to melt into nothing ness, just black holes. Their skin melted revealing green plastic skin, while their heads became furious looking aliens.
“ETHAN, ETHAN, ETHAN” they chanted.

Ethan Awoke on a soft sand beach. The sun hung high in the sky while the clouds we thin wisps of cotton candy. The sand was hot. It felt like it was a beautiful day on the beach. Ethan looked around. It looked he was on a deserted island. Alerted by the scenery he stood up and noticed a large jungle in the center of the island. He looked at the water which was a crystal clear pool of blue. He saw some splashing in the water and thought it was a fish, but as it emerged from the water more it was a boy. He looked exactly like Billy, in fact it was Billy. There was nothing in the world that Ethan would like to see more than Billy after that horrible dream. Billy slowly walked up to Ethan.
“The sleeping beauty awakes” said Billy. The two of them sat down on the sand. Billy wore everything he wore the night he had got knocked off the ship. And he told Ethan the whole story.
“So you carried me to this island when I was unconscious?” asked Ethan
“Well you and I were bleeding If I waited we would have been shark chow, plus I saw this island so I started swimming” said Billy
“Well if we got to this place there must be a way off” said Ethan
“It isn’t as easy as it seams, you see I’ve been trying to build rafts fires everything but nothing has worked so far. We may be stuck on this island for the rest of our lives. Not seeing our family, our friends, not anyone. Why even keep living I mean we were going to the Bahamas and know we are in the middle of the ocean about 100 miles from land, what’s the point of living if you loose so much from being on this island” said Billy
“What are you saying, have you been drinking see water or something, because this is not the Billy that, got us home when we were lost on our camping trip. This is not the Billy who walked all the way from his house to mine just because he wanted to see how I was doing. Were has my friend gone. We can survive together if you trust me. So what do you say” said Ethan who was know on his feet. Billy looked at Ethan’s hand and took it with his. They both grinned at each other.

For the rest of the day they looked for supplies to survive with. Billy went to look for fire wood while Ethan looked for food. Ethan walked around the island. Skipping some stones on the water while he went for food. It felt like he walked for miles, but then he reached a tall banana tree that was screaming out to be climbed. He hugged the tree wrapping his legs around also. He inched up a foot at a time. SCRATCH! Ethan was oozing blood from a cut the tree had gave him. He inched up another foot watching were his arms were. He inched up again, then again. SCRATCH! He had stepped on a spike sticking out of the tree. Ethan was a fountain of blood squirting it out everywhere. Finally he reached the top grabbing the bananas and sliding down cutting himself once more. He walked back to were he awoke that day to smell fire. Billy had made fire! Ethan walked over to Billy.
“Why are you all cut up like that?” asked Billy
“Long story” said Ethan. The two of them sat down and ate the bananas next to a warm fire.

Weeks went by and the boys had cleaned the island of all their bananas. Ethan awoke one day to see Billy constructing 2 spears
“Good your up. We’re going fishing” cheered Billy. The two of them jumped in the water. The first few steps were shallow but then it dropped into deep, deep water.
“You see anything” asked Ethan
“Not yet but I will keep looking” responded Billy. Billy felt something brush his leg. He spun around not seeing what it was. Ethan felt the same thing, but didn’t see anything. They turned and faced each other.
“Did you feel something” asked Ethan. Billy was so scared that he lied so Ethan wouldn’t freak out.
“No” Billy responded.
“That’s weird because I could have sworn that I felt……” Ethan stopped dead in his sentence. A big fin popped out of the water then went back down again. Ethan stood frozen in his tracts .Billy turned towards shore then went crazy. Billy swam for his life with Ethan behind him. Billy stopped in his tracts. He was bitten by the shark. He began slowly moving backwards then a bit faster and faster. Ethan knew what he had to do. He looked for the shark, raised his spear and slammed own as hard as he could. He stabbed the shark. The shark let go of Billy and swam down towards the bottom of the ocean. The two boys swam franticly back home to the beach and never even touched the water again. Billy had a big bit mark in his foot and his hip. That night the two of then talked about their day.
“You ever thought that the shark attack was a sign that I should have died, that we shouldn’t be alive?” asked Billy
“Well we got away so everything is ok; now get some sleep for tomorrow. Billy drifted asleep and so did Ethan.

The next morning Ethan woke up late. He saw that Billy was hunched over near the ocean holding a stick in his hand. Ethan couldn’t make out the whole stick so he assumed the best that it was a spear he had made for more fishing. As Ethan got closer to Billy, Billy froze and that’s when Ethan saw that it was a spear that he made but it wasn’t for fishing. He had the splintery wood pointing at his heart.
“Billy, put the stick down” said Ethan “put it down”
“Don’t come near me” said Billy in a rascally voice. Ethan moved one toe then it happened.
“NOOOOOOO” cried Ethan. But it was too late Billy had killed himself. Billy committed suicide.

Ethan paced the beach wondering what to do. Without the help of his friend he would never survive. He then figured out what to do. He took the spear that Billy used. He placed the bloody spear towards his heart. He thought good bye world and everyone I know. He then looked down at the spear. He thruster forward, and was about to stab himself when HOOOOOOONK! A cruise ship sailed in the distance. He saw as the massive ship began to turn towards him him. It looked like someone shot a huge missile at him and it moved in slow motion. As the bout pulled up to shore Ethan ran out to it .He was eager to get on and go home. He went to the control room to talk to the captain. The captain said that he was drawn in by the smoke coming from the island. He agreed to let him stay on the bout and drop him off in Miami, on one condition. His job at day was to sweep the deck but by night he was a story teller. He told every one his story of his friend and his adventures. A few days later he pulled up to the harbor. His house was only a mile down the rood. He decided to walk, bare feet and all. He entered threw the little gat leading to his house. He walked down the coble stone walk way, ripped pants and all. He walked up to the big door of his house and rang the doorbell twice like always. His little old mom appeared in the door way of his house. She looked up then down checking who he was.
She quivered as she spoke,” Ethan is that you?” she asked
“Yeah mom, it’s me”