Dark Valley | Teen Ink

Dark Valley

December 26, 2009
By OrIgInAl BRONZE, Alberta, Ohio
OrIgInAl BRONZE, Alberta, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"assburger" retardid policeman youtube celebrity


Darkness is inviting. Its never worrisome as there is nothing to be concerned of. Just you, and yourself. You can do whatever you like. But sometimes, the dark can make you drift away. The closer you get to the dark hole of nothingness, you feel better, yet knowing it can never get better if you continue onwards. Most people would back out at a point, act as if they really are talking some sort of “sense” into themselves. But how do you know if it’s a bad thing, if you never really tried it?
My names Chris Macey. I had friends, a great life, went to the best parties, had always two or more girlfriends at a time, and my life would seem perfect to anyone and everyone around me. It was pretty perfect, until I first heard the scream. It was in the middle of the night, and I had just got in my Toyota Supra from a party. I heard a scream come from somewhere nearby. I wasn’t sure if I was hearing things, I was hearing weird things a lot at that time, or maybe it was real before as well? I drove all the way home without hearing anything, and decided I needed sleep. I darted for my room and dived into my soft bed. I closed my eyes and drifted into a calm unconsciousness.
Suddenly -what seemed like only a few minutes later- a beast that seemed to be made of shadows jumped on my chest, and started ripping into my skin. I was a bit of a bad kid, so I had my experience with fighting. I punched it in what I thought was its’ stomach; it then savagely ripped into my arm. Blood flew everywhere, but I managed to keep my cool for as long as I needed to. With all the remaining strength I could conjure up, I twisted its neck and watch it slowly dissolve into nothing.
That was my first experience with a demon from the other side
_____________________________________________________________
I was left in a shock and covered in blood. Everything spun and spun. I knew I didn’t have a lot of time left. My heart was racing, like two horses darting to the finish line. Boom-boom-boom. Boom-boom-boom. I dragged myself downstairs to grab the medicinal kit on top off an old wooden table. I knew I didn’t have much time left. Boom-boom-boom. I always thought I was so great; I never needed anyone’s help. Boom-boom-boom. I was so stupid to the point that I never really learned how to properly apply all the medical things when needed. Boom-boom-boom. Unfortunately, time was running short and I had no choice but to try and choose the right ones. I took out something almost completely at random, I was in a daze and didn’t know what else to do! I tried and tried everything I could as the blood kept pouring out of me. Suddenly it felt as if an arrow had gone through my heart, and I silently fell into the darkness.


The author's comments:
Start of story... I have approximately twelve pages so far