Magic Carpet! | Teen Ink

Magic Carpet!

October 23, 2009
By Cucumber♥ BRONZE, Albuquerque, NM, New Mexico
Cucumber♥ BRONZE, Albuquerque, NM, New Mexico
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Tweet! Tweet! Ah, I love waking up to the sound of birds. Ah! How am I doing this, floating above the city I must still be sleeping, pinch! Okay definitely not still sleeping. Wow a magic carpet this is so cool. Let’s see what you can do!

That was so much fun! “You are going to come in handy carpet, but how did I get on you?” I said. I remember now I stayed up so late doing homework I was too tired to get on my bed so I fell asleep on the floor.

Dang it! I am going to be late for school again. I better hurry up and get ready. “Carpet can you take me to school?” I asked. Wow you got me here fast! “Hey Shelly, Carla come here! Look at what I have!” I yelled. Carla asked “what is it?” “It looks like an old dusty rug to me” said Shelly. “It’s a magic carpet!” I said. “Oh my gosh! You know what you could do! You could pay people for rides and get rich!” Carla said. So for the next half an hour that’s what I did until cranky old Ms. Fritzelbottom came out and sent me to the principals office. Gosh did I get into trouble and that was even before my parents showed up.

When I got home my dad rolled up the rug and put it in the attic. They gave me a half hour lecture about how next time I want something from the attic to ask them first. Now about five years later about 2 weeks ago I find the rug. I thought it looked so familiar but I didn’t know why. I put it in my room and once again I woke up above the city. I took it home and stored it safely in the attic and said “There’s a handful of trouble I will not be getting into again!”