The Light | Teen Ink

The Light

Narrator: The light is an object hidden on Earth millions of years ago by the source. It is the year 2012. If the light isn’t given back to the source the world will cease to exist.
It is the year 2012 and Juni is excited about her huge 16th birthday party. Everyone would be there. All of the important people that is, all of her friends and the best boyfriend in the world, Jake.
It is the year 2012 and Jake wakes up in the middle of the night after having the weirdest dream ever. After all weird for Jake was insanity for everyone else, Jake could see the future in his dreams. He had seen a beam of light engulfing his girlfriend and taking her away. He had seen the light being given back to the source.
It is July in the year 2012. Juni is getting ready for her party. She turns around to find Jake running toward her. When he reaches her he tenderly embraces her. The following conversation takes place.
Juni: “What’s wrong Jake?”
Jake: “Nothing I just saw something.”
Juni: “What did you see?”
Jake: “I saw the end of the world.”
Juni: “What!!”
Jake: “I can’t do it. I can’t let it have you. I just can’t! If I don’t give you up the world will end. I can’t let that happen. I can’t let it get you.”
Juni: “You’re scaring me. What are you talking about?”
Jake: “The source wants the light back. It will destroy the world if it doesn’t get the light back before midnight tonight. The source wants you.”
Juni: “What? Me! I’m not the light!”
Jake: “Yes you are. I don’t know what to do. I can’t give you up but I can’t end the world.

TO BE CONTINUED…