Nazi Soldier | Teen Ink

Nazi Soldier

By KyleK BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
KyleK BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

“Come on soldier! Hitler said we needed to get to Paris and shoot some of them Americans.” The general said.
“Yes sir…” I said. I thought this whole war was stupid. Hitler, to me, was some dude who was drugged up and had some problems in his life.
My squad got into the plane. We all started talking about the war.
One guy, named Bill, said that he wanted this war to be over and get back to his family.
“Hey! Sam! Come on we are almost there!”
“OK… Where are we jumping?” I asked.

“I just told you! We are going to the front lines! We need to blow up a couple of them American tanks! Then run in with you MP40 and shoot the survivors!” he yelled.

“Sir yes sir.” I replied, “How much longer?”

“About 5 minutes,” was the reply.

I thought again about what I would do when the war was over… I had no one at home... The only one I used to have was John, but he got hit by an American rocket launcher…

“Time to go soldier!” yelled the commander.

“You ready?” I asked the guy next to me.

There was no reply… As we landed we sprinted out, guns raised, and hopped into the trenches. We ran to our position, and peeked over the sandbags. We saw the American helmets on the other side.

“Grenade!” Someone yelled.

I hit the ground, felling noxious and seeing the bullets fly. You could see the dirt fly, and the crackling of bullet shells like popcorn popping.

“Quick, use my M-1,” A guy beside me said. “I’m going over and getting into this war.

“Sure…” I replied.

He got up and sprinted behind all of us. He threw a grenade and I looked over and heard yelling… I didn’t know what to think. To be scared or to be excited I’m actually in this war.

“What are you doing soldier!” screamed my commander, “Start shooting!”

“Sorry sir,” I got up and start running to another hiding spot. I dove over and got back to back against a barrel. I peeked over and shot a guy in the leg.

Earlier in this war I vowed I wouldn’t shoot any Americans in the head or chest. I tried to just wound them. I ran to another crate, and peeked over and fired. I spotted a cave a little while back… I sprinted there and hid.

“Man, I don’t know how this war is going to end!” I said aloud.

I looked outside and saw an American soldier crouched behind a crate. Right when he peeked over he got shot the left shoulder. I heard him screaming.

I slid over to him and looked at his condition. “Who are you?” he whispered, “Are you going to kill me?”

“No, I’m going to help you,” I whispered firmly back. I dragged him to the cave and looked at him. I took off his coat and threw it in the cave then, and I took mine off and put it on him.

“What is your name?” I asked.

“Chad... thanks you…” he replied faintly.

I ripped part of my coat and rapped it tightly on his wound. “I’m going to get you out of here… I promise.” I took off everything that looked American on him. I loaded my M-1 that got from Chad held it in one hand and Chad in the other.

I got up and thought, man how am I going to get this guy out of here? Then I just “forgot” about it and ran as fast as I could out. I shot and ran and ran! All of my squad members looked at me but I didn’t care.

“Where are you going soldier?” asked my squad leader.

“I’m going to the medics,” I replied.

I ran to the back lines. All of a sudden screamed, “Get down, get down, grenade!” I jumped into the bunker. I ran through the maze of people, and I didn’t stop. I didn’t stop till I reached the medics.

“What happened soldier?” the medical officer asked.

“He’s been shot in the left shoulder,” I replied.

“Ok, we will get him airborne, you stay here.”

“No I’m coming with him,” I said.

“Fine you can come…” The medic said softly.

When we got airborne I thought about if they would find out about Chad being an American soldier. Then I remembered that God is in control and will let Chad live.

About 30 minutes later we where there… We walked in and they only asked for my name! I replied firmly, “Samuel Jones.”

“OK, well… Stay over in the waiting room and we will take care of your friend,” Said one of the nurses.

“Thank you,” I replied. I walked over and sat down. There were a lot of soldiers there… Some were shot; some had been hit by a grenade. One guy said he had been run over by a tank, I considered that a miracle that he didn’t die.

I thought about how I got here. I thought about how God hadn’t let the nurses ask about Chad. How we had gotten this far and if he would make it. Germany was doomed from the start of the war. The allies were bigger and, in my eyes, stronger. All the soldiers were talking and I couldn’t think straight. For about 1 hour I waited. After about an hour and a half the doctor came out.

“Son...” then he stopped.

“Is he going to be OK?” I asked him.

“He is, but we found out that he was shot in more than one place.”

“Where else?” I asked nervously.

“He was evidently shot in both legs and the shoulder.”

“Is he going to be OK?”

“Well he will be in a wheel chair for a while. We’ve covered his...

“BEEP BEEP!” the radio roared. “Just announced! Adolf Hitler is dead, repeat Adolf Hitler is dead!”

“What?” a bunch of voices echoed.

“Wow the war must be over then,” The doctor said.

“Yea… What were you saying?” I asked.

“Oh, your friend has been bandaged. He will be OK.”

This is an Nazi soldiers view of ww2.

Veekeyy said...
on Sep. 13 2011 at 11:38 am
This was great! I felt as if I was in the same room! I WANT MORE! Lol.

emmat<3 said...
on Sep. 13 2011 at 7:28 am
This was great. You truely did an amazing job. I felt like I was in there with the soldiers as well! Keep writing!!!

jessica said...
thats crazy that he didnt stand up and be loyal to his country.

Lids said...
wow, he should have been dispatch and killed immeditaly... even tho the Nazi were horrific, you always stay loyal to your country.

melmca1121 said...
on Sep. 8 2011 at 10:49 am
melmca1121, Lancaster, South Carolina
Amazing story! I felt as if I was there. You did a amazing job. :)