Dominance of the Apes | Teen Ink

Dominance of the Apes

December 9, 2009
By Benjamin Blanton BRONZE, Simpsonville, South Carolina
Benjamin Blanton BRONZE, Simpsonville, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

We scaled the walls of the ruins that were supposedly used when the humans ruled the world, but of course we know that’s a myth. We were on our way to the safe house that the resistance set up. “Come on,” I whispered “Let’s make a run for the safe house.” Just as we were about to sprint for the house there was a loud screech from the jungle trees all around us. We saw orangutans jump down from the tree and beat people and trap them in their nets and drag them off. Simultaneously gorillas sprouted out from the wall of trees in a stampede tearing down everything in their path. We watched from a distance as they went on a wild rampage, massacring everyone in the two story shack that was our last source of refuge. “This is terrible man,” said my Jamaican friend Navarro, “We need to get out of here Jack.”

“Alright let’s go,” I replied. Just as I said this a massive gorilla came up behind us. It snarled as it began to rear back to crush us with one swift, powerful blow. With a quick glance behind us I saw it as its massive arm started to come down on us. We both jumped to different sides of this muscular animal. Its arms slammed against the ground and it let out a rage filled roar, and turned toward me its mouth foaming yelling curses of hate at me. It dashed at me while I was on the ground my back against a wall. It came at me with such fury that I was almost paralyzed by fear. I got lucky as I leaped to the side just in time for it to barrel by me and hit the wall causing it to crumble to the ground. Again it turned to me, persistent to crush me. It charged toward me with an energy fueled by rage, and picked me up, slammed me on the ground, and started pounding me with its massive fists. “I’m not going down without a fight!” I yelled as I threw my fist at its face, but it blocked it and kept pounding me.

“You think you can fight me!” it thundered “I will finish….” Suddenly it was silent. I saw Navarro with his knife around its neck, blood dripping out. I pushed its dead body off me and got up.

“You ok man,” Navarro said.

“Yeah, those stupid brutes never learn.”

“Hey man come on there’s a boat leaving from the river south of here to take some people across the ocean to a new land.”

“Alright let’s head south.”

The author's comments:
To give the reader a good time.