The Tale of the Lost Fly

Boom! Crash! That’s what he heard as he was thrown against the bag wall. To a regular human it would have seemed like nothing. This was no regular human. It wasn’t even a human at all. I’m talking about a fly. That fly was trapped in a bag of popping popcorn. It was like a mine field, popcorn exploding everywhere!
I was trapped. Everything was exploding around me. My friends warned me that this was a bad idea but I didn’t listen. They were probably long gone by now. I have to get back to my family. They’re probably worried sick. All of the sudden the loud noises stopped, and the little brown things stopped exploding. I was moving, being lifted. Then I saw some light coming from the outside. This is my chance, I thought. It opened a little farther, and I took off. I had made it, I was out! I quickly surveyed my surroundings, and didn’t recognize anything. I was lost, I didn’t know where my family was, and I didn’t know where I was. My gut instinct told me to head north. I flew for a while when suddenly I saw a street I recognized! It was rush hour and that was a busy street. I had to dodge cars from side to side and unluckily I couldn’t get out of the way of a car and it ran into me.
I woke up on the ground in the street, about where I was hit. I had to get home, but it was dark and I could hardly see. I kept moving though and eventually, through hours of tired and weakly flying, I saw my house. That crash took a lot out of me, and I couldn’t make it and fell not fifty yards from the house.
I woke up in my bed with my family crowding around me. Once they saw me alive they, were relived. Then, I went back to sleep.