The Tale of the Lost Fly | Teen Ink

The Tale of the Lost Fly

By BlaketheBlake BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois
BlaketheBlake BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois

Boom! Crash! That’s what he heard as he was thrown against the bag wall. To a regular human it would have seemed like nothing. This was no regular human. It wasn’t even a human at all. I’m talking about a fly. That fly was trapped in a bag of popping popcorn. It was like a mine field, popcorn exploding everywhere!
I was trapped. Everything was exploding around me. My friends warned me that this was a bad idea but I didn’t listen. They were probably long gone by now. I have to get back to my family. They’re probably worried sick. All of the sudden the loud noises stopped, and the little brown things stopped exploding. I was moving, being lifted. Then I saw some light coming from the outside. This is my chance, I thought. It opened a little farther, and I took off. I had made it, I was out! I quickly surveyed my surroundings, and didn’t recognize anything. I was lost, I didn’t know where my family was, and I didn’t know where I was. My gut instinct told me to head north. I flew for a while when suddenly I saw a street I recognized! It was rush hour and that was a busy street. I had to dodge cars from side to side and unluckily I couldn’t get out of the way of a car and it ran into me.
I woke up on the ground in the street, about where I was hit. I had to get home, but it was dark and I could hardly see. I kept moving though and eventually, through hours of tired and weakly flying, I saw my house. That crash took a lot out of me, and I couldn’t make it and fell not fifty yards from the house.
I woke up in my bed with my family crowding around me. Once they saw me alive they, were relived. Then, I went back to sleep.