The Getaway

We ran until there was a dark alley to the left. Sprinting all the way down to the dead end we were out of breathe and finally felt safe. We hear footsteps, loud ones, with heavy breathing, just like we were doing. My heart was pounding. I froze and thought that this was the end for me and my crew. Without thinking we all jumped the wall and came up on a completely different street. We are walking casually down the ribbon road, trying to blend in with all the fashionable French, hard to do when you’re worth so little. But we won’t be cheap for long. All the liquor stores look exactly the same. Rows and rows of French wine, it was like heaven. But our minds need to stay on getting out of here, getting back to our crappy hotel where we can be safe again. We weren’t very nervous anymore, because I mean we’ve done this multiple times. You can basically call us experts. An overweight police officer was walking on the other side of the road, Okay, it’s okay, he isn’t noticing us. He glances our way casually and then does a double take. He knew it was us. I knew he knew. No one else saw him but me. The cop starts walking faster toward us with his fat belly trying to keep up with his short feet. He was staring into my eyes. Do they notice yet? I can’t be the only one anymore. So I remembered our signal we made for when were in trouble. I coughed twice. They looked around until their eyes fell right on the chunky cop. What do we do? Should we run? More? I don’t think I can take that. Running away always leads to getting caught. But he is an out of shape officer. I try to think but we are running out of time very fast. But someone thought too soon. Out of the corner of my eye I see one of my companions slowly reach into his right pocket. I remembered this move from the last time. I know exactly what he’s doing. The cop, about ten feet ahead of us now. Our hearts are beating like crazy this time. So hand in his pocket, whips out what I knew was coming. Straight shot in the forehead. The fat hog cop fell right to the ground. Lying in the middle of the road. People starting to get scared and flee in fear of being another victim. I stop in my tracks. But as professionals we know what to do. Leave the scene, as fast as we can. We must run. More this time and faster than ever.

thepreechyteenager said...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 5:44 am

Pretty cool :)  Nice inspiration, too, I never would have thought to use wine as a bases for a story :)

The only thing I would suggest it to give a little more detail when the cop gets shot.  Suprise in his eyes, mouth gaping open...

And I'm very intriuged to find out why the character was running.  I mean, I know they're an experienced theif, but what do they steal?  My guess is wine.

Anyway, good job on this, my vote is five stars.

This was a ... (more »)