Book of the Ancients book 1: Chpt 1: The very beginning | Teen Ink

Book of the Ancients book 1: Chpt 1: The very beginning

By RandallRunninMan BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
RandallRunninMan BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

“No grandpa, you can’t die,” says John Turpiliss through tears. John Turpiliss (J.T) was at the side of his grandfather who indeed was on his death bed. J.T and his mother came to the hospital of Colorado after they heard the news that J.T’s grandfather has had a heart attack at 63 years old. J.T’s grandfather asks for a moment alone with his grandson. After everyone left he began:

“Son, let me tell you something. I failed a certain mission, and now bad thing are going to be happening if this mission is not fulfilled. I would like you as well as your father to follow my lead and complete this mission. You see, a buried a sort of treasure in my backyard. You will be finding the treasure and reading the first page. Ask about your father, for he has already started the mission. He will be able to help you in the mission. He is… Laiquana--” his voice suddenly dies off. The hospital room was suddenly quiet; too quiet. J.T’s grandfather turned very white and said no more. J.T broke the silence in a yell:

“Grandpa! Grandpa! Grandpa, wake up! Snap out of it!” J.T screams in rage tears racing down his face. He pounds on the floor with all his anger. Soon after, he walks out of the hospital room to see his mother sitting in a chair in the waiting room. “He’s gone,” he tells his mother with a soft weak voice. His face showed dried up tear marks, his shirt was soaked by sweat and tears, and his eyes teared up as he hugged his mother to calm down.

“I know sweetheart but, --” J.T’s mother says getting cut off by J.T.

“No, you don’t know.” J.T starts, “You didn’t just sit there and watch him die right after he tells you something very confusing that you have questions about, only because it makes no sense. He was your dad in law how can you just say ‘I know’ like it’s no big deal? That makes no sense at all.”

“I’m just trying to say that he is in a better place now. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I know you, your grandpa, and your dad had the best of time together. You went camping, horseback riding, swimming, running, driving, and a lot more. I know it really meant a lot to you when you went to stay the night at his house. So, I’m just gonna say this ‘He is in a better place and you should be happy, not sad about him.’” J.T’s mother explains trying to make her son feel better. “Come along now, let’s go to the car.” she says walking out of the hospital waiting room. The mother and son rounded a corner to find an elevator. J.T pressed a round button with an arrow pointing down. He looked up to see what floor the elevator was located. What he located instead was that the elevator was out of order. He pointed his finding out to his mother who was very surprised. “Isn’t this the elevator we came up on? That’s odd.” she explains as the elevator door opens to show an empty elevator that looks in perfect condition.

To Be Continued…

Fourth piece and a school writing project.

on Nov. 26 2009 at 11:15 pm
**alwaysbeme** BRONZE, Valparaiso, Indiana
this seems like a very good begining don't stop :)