My Life as a Wolf..

I was in my cozy den, when my mom comes in and says it’s time to come out and explore. I don’t want to go out, but if I want to learn new things I guess I will have to. While my brothers, sisters and I start to go out my mom is urging us to hurry up and explore the new world. As we climbed out of the den it got really bright and I didn’t like it. As soon as I got all the way out I loved the new smells, my older brothers and sisters, the beautiful things all around me, and last but not least I get a taste of the outside world after six weeks in my den. We all got to smell the outside world, but we then had to go back in the den way too soon.

As the next couple of weeks came and went we explored more and more and we learned new things everyday. All of a sudden my parents, aunts and uncles, and my older brothers and sisters, then start to teach us how to hunt. After a few tries I get finally catch my prey and I prance around showing off. But when I get close to my brother he pounces on me and he tries to get my food but I win after fifteen minutes of fighting.

After a while we learn more, when all of a sudden my mom gets sick and dies. I fight with a few of my family and I get to be alpha. I have my first litter of puppies after we move to a better place. They grow up and I have more and more. When all of a sudden I smell something funny. I prick up my ears and smell around. It’s the people again. Last time they came they stole one of the older ones and killed her. This time I hope to get rid of them and fast.

They come, and I am getting ready, but while we are all sleeping the one who was keeping guard disappears. The humans got to her!! I run and run and try to find her. When I go back I am almost there when the humans catch me. I thrash around hoping to get away and nothing works. When all of a sudden they hit me with this dart thing. I then start to fall asleep. I wake up miles from home and they make me work for them. I stay for a few months and I finally break free and I begin my long journey home.

I am about half way there when there is a bear who starts to chase me I run and I am so tired I almost give up. I keep going once I kill the bear and eat it and then get something to eat. I see the den up ahead and I smell my wolves, but by the time I get there they aren’t there. I run and find them wondering away thinking I am dead and that the new “alpha” thought they should move. She challenged me even thought I am tired I win, but not by a lot. My opponent dead, and I am a survivor. I bring my pack back to where we belong.

My journey was long and hard, but I finally made it home. Being alpha is a very hard job. I have more puppies and the people never find out pack again. I’ve heard that a certain someone chewed up all the records they had of where to find us, and that the ones who went on the expedition died. Who knows all I know is that my pack is safe as long as I am around.

MidnightFireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
like the others said it should have more detail and description, but it could work as a plot line or just the basics that will be added onto. i could definetly see this as a book, as long as more is added. all in all good job :)

oyeahimcool said...
That was stupid. Isn't the wolf thing over with Twilight? Get original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LilDog14 said...
Aug. 3, 2010 at 8:13 am
It was a good story, but you could of used more descriptions and detail, like how did he kill the bear, or how did the mother die, things like that.

Horsewriterlol This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I got a little bored reading it, its good, i like the theme in all but, it got me bored because your just summing up the story, no details or descriptions.

Manniac said...
I'd like to see more details about the wolf's life, like the journey home, etc. Also, try changing the language a bit to sound more "animal", you know? Like calling the "dart thing" a "strange needle"

mcbridet said...
The witing was decent, but you could have one a better job starting the sentences because most begin with "I". Ilike how you put the story in a different perspective by becoming the wolf. There are also many grammatical errors such as "thought" instead of though and there are many run-on sentances.

tlittle said...
I think the writing was decent it needed more about how the mother died and describe how you became alpha wolf. The journey you were talking about didnt last very long I think next you should go into further detail in your writings to enhance the picture you are creating for your readers. Overall I think the writing was enteresting.