Elise’s Life Of Disappointment | Teen Ink

Elise’s Life Of Disappointment

By MikaGH GOLD, Bridgeport, West Virginia
MikaGH GOLD, Bridgeport, West Virginia

“Anyone can succeed if they have the skills to move forward”

Elise first came into the world on November 14th, 1824, with a wealthy family who gladly upheld her needs. She also had a brother who was only two years older than Elise was, and his name was Feird. And they just happened to be the only two children of the Abasask family!

Elise, and Feird were like two separate species but also inseparable for the longest time growing up. Feird was into swords, weapons, and rolling around in the dirt while Elise adored sweets and playing with her dolls indoors. But either way they were able we to find a way around all of their differences and thus they created their unbreakable sibling bond.

They went on adventures together in the woods behind their family’s mansion, or Feird was happy to attend one of Elise’s tea parties from time to time! Life was good for the two! Until… a war broke out and their father was forced to fight in the war by their country in 1832 when Elise was only eight years old, and he was also forced to leave behind his only son Feird who was ten by now and absolutely heart broken by his father's recent absence. And only one year into the war Feird had enough and left a note for his mom, and Elise saying that he had ran away to join the war to runight with their father.

But soon enough Elise’s mother had passed away form an illness just a little bit later after Feird left leaving Elise to fend for herself at only the age of eight. So, she was transferred to an orphanage Until further notice of her father’s whereabouts that year coming year. And Elise absolutely hated it with a burning hatred in her soul. Why me? Why did I have to do this? Why did I have to suffer? Those are all thoughts Elise repeated in her for every second she was in that orphanage.

The orphanage was dirty and had rats crawling all over the place which Elise wasn’t used to but hated regardless. Elise was in absolute misery at this orphanage and got sick from the food they would serve. But there was no way out… Elise had to be there, she had to sit and wait patiently watching every other kid but her leave through the big arched doors.

She sometimes couldn’t help but just stay looking out the big window in the dining hall all day. Hoping that the next adult to arrive would be her father. But nobody ever came for her… she was truly all alone. Even the friends that she managed to make were already adopted or back with a relative. And by the one-year mark her dad was finally pronounced dead, and the mansion that she grew up in was sold to new owners, and she was officially put up for adoption for anyone to come and take her. But as you can imagine it didn’t go well. When Elise heard the news, she broke a vase on purpose directly in-front of the Orphanage director just to show him how angry she was about the news before rushing off to her bed with bloody hands trailing through the orphanage on the way.

But even then, nobody wanted her, so she grew up the rest of her childhood that remained alone watching new friends come and old friends go. It was agonizing to watch so by the time she turned twelve she learned not to make friends and how to keep to herself. She had completely changed from the bright bubbly little girl that she used to be to a quiet, and skinny little girl. Even the orphanage director noticed the changes it had on her heath. But he choose to ignore the problem and focused on the other children instead. But Elise just couldn’t take it anymore. The emotional pain was killing her from the inside out…

Soon then came her eighteenth birthday the year that she lived to regret. She was given a one week notice to get out of the orphanage, but Elise left as soon as she could that morning without a second thought about it. She could finally leave the dump that she was banished from society in. But she still had no were to live so she slept in an abandoned barn on a farmer's land. Even tho it smelled absolutely horrid, but it was the only place that wasn’t out in the open, so Elise gladly took the opportunity.

She then got herself into drinking and tricking young men to do her bidding shortly after. And all she had to do was walk into a tavern of choice with her golden blonde curls, and baby blue eyes in sight of every single person inside the tavern. And instantly she was given free drinks, and a spot would open on the bar while men surrounded her. And she even gave out her best little voice for all to hear and she would even get free items for the nearby shops. But soon it wasn’t enough she wanted more than that.

Elise then resorted to theft, and murder to satisfy herself. So soon enough Elise was living the dream again and bought her family’s mansion back with plenty of money left over, and servants serving her at her every need just like when she was little. But one day she heard a window smash in the back of her first-floor hallway. She then quickly sat up in bed terrified of an intruder. But then Elise realized she was fully capable of protecting herself, so she promptly grabbed a butchers knife out of her very top dresser drawer before she slowly crept to the first floor where she heard the sound. But it was empty… no one in sight but a smashed window letting the cold breeze seep through into her mansion.so she turned her body to investigate the window as she heard the sound of footsteps behind her. So as soon as she she turned to face the window, she jumped back to their direction again this time to spot a cloaked man with a pistol aiming at her head. She then held to butchers knife ready to attack and the so did the intruder.
The then just stood there for what was five minutes until the intruder opened his mouth.
“WHERES MR, AND MRS ABASASK?” The intruder demanded
“THEY’VE BEEN DEAD FOR TWO YEARS WHO ARE YOU?” Elise yelled back in fear
The intruder then went to a stone-cold silence “Your name?” he said bringing the gun closer
“Elise Abasask” she blurted out
“HOW DO I KNOW YOUR NOT LYING TO ME?” The intruder demanded again
“WHATS YOU NAME FIRST?” Elise shouted back
The intruder then Proceeded to take his hood down attached to his cloak along with his gun
“Feird Abasask” He mumbled
 Elise’s heart then sunk down to her stomach and she dropped her knife. Wasn’t he dead just ten years ago?! Elise thought to herself frightened. It was like looking at a ghost except he wasn’t he was completely alive and intact. And his hair was still the golden blonde just like Elsie remember breed they even had the same baby-blue eyes. They’re was no doubt this was her brother.
“FEIRD?” She called out in confusion
“Elise…” Fired Said in response
“FEIRD!” She cried out
“ELISE!”
She then ran over to him, and he lowered his gun back down to his side to hug her. Fired never thought he would be able to see his sister again but here he was hugging her like they did when they were kids.
“Elise…” he mumbled happily barring his head into her long golden hair set on her shoulder “Elise… I never thought I’d see you again…” he slowly cried
The siblings then proceeded to hug each other tightly both digging their heads to cry on each other's shoulder.
“I missed you do much Feird you don’t even know…” Elise cried back happily

But soon after they finally saw each other again a bullet was fired into Feird’s head spilling all his blood, and brain matter on her. Elise then screamed in horror of the sight, and shock of what just occurred. But it turns out that one of her servants dialed the police station of an intruder, and when they arrived, they didn’t hesitate to kill Feird as for he’s been on the top wanted list for over five years now for multiple different crimes. So, Elise fell to the ground along with her brother’s body after losing balance. And the policed started running to her aid but she pulled the gun out of Feird’s stif dead hands and pointed it directly at the police making them stop dead in their tracks. But after she got them to stay back, and scared them with her brothers gun she then brought it to her head and took a deep breath. The police then freaked out and tried to stop her but It was too late… Elise just found out that her last reaming family was alive just for him to be taken away from her again. She then proceeded to pull the trigger and end her own life… Elise Abasask died at 18 on October 8th 1842…

I made this story as a break from my book I’m writing! And also because I wanted to try making an another short story similar to Mika Williams which i made last year. So hopefully I improved since that story!