Sunset | Teen Ink

Sunset

By Zzzuniga BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Zzzuniga BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Bronx, New York 1922, A middle aged Italian man named saint walks down the street. He notices a tinted window vehicle slowly following him, as he turns back to see whos in the vehicle two men approach him. The two men ask him suspicious questions about what he does and his connections to the cartel. He ignores the guys and keeps walking home, right before he arrives home he sees the two men and the tinted window vehicle waiting outside his house. Noticing that he runs and goes into hiding knowing the police were onto his organization and had evidence against him. The only thing running through Saints head was his wife and kids but it was too late for that he had exposed them to the business and now he had to get them out of  it. 7 days after the raid he gets a call from an unknown caller he reluctantly answers and there she was, Saints wife Allison Saint says*“Where do they have you” Allison replies*”The police know everything there is to  know about you, they’ve been onto you for 3 years waiting for the right time and they're not going to stop until you're behind bars. Call ends*. Saint felt terror for the first time as a sweat drop ran down his face he felt cornered he was a, after 30 minutes of thinking he had it. Saint had a plan but he knew there were eyes everywhere, he was a mouse in a room full of mouse traps. He went out in the city searching for Michael, a very well known and well protected landowner, Michael was known for being adulterated with avarice but he was the only person Saint could turn too but Saint was not stupid he knew Michael would use him if he wasn't careful so he had to use him first. Michael had high connections in the political world and Saint was going to use that to his advantage. 3 days later Michael picks Saint up from his place to go meet up with people that could hopefully help him out, after arriving at the spot the men come out of their vehicles and they start speaking. Very early into the conversation Saint could tell the men and Michael had bad blood between them, Saint said to himself “is it too early or should I wait” but what had to be done had to be done. Saint standing behind Micheal put a bullet through his head. The men shocked at what had just happened quickly pulled their weapons out but Saint had this in mind and threw his weapon to the ground, he told me men “Michael had to be taken out for all this to work” *the men stared at him confused* “I came here to talk about business, nothing else.” The men replied “What kind of business?” Saint said “ I need yall to get some of my people out of prison with no records no nothing, get them out of the country, new identities make them whole new people.” The man said “Are you crazy? Do you have any idea how much work that would take, what's in it for us?” Saint replied “ anything yall need me to do mark it as done.” The man replied, “Okay steal us some US documents from this facility and your family is out, just promise us one thing do not read them..” Saint not having any options left accepted. 1 Day later After arriving at the facility, Saint wore a suit. “How was it so easy” he thought to himself, he arrived at the documents and started reading them. Saint was shocked to realize how corrupt and evil the US government really was, although he was not surprised he was still shocked it was true. Saint met up with the men to give them the documents but he felt them staring him down as if they knew something. The men agreed to take the Saints family out and they went on their way. Saint was so close to completing his plan but on the car ride the men put a gun to his head and told him they knew he had read the documents. The men Said “ we told you not to read them Saint but you did anyway so now we have to kill you.” Saint replied “I understand just let me see my family one more time then this can all be over. The men agreed* Saint's family waited for him at the prison gates as he got out of the car and ran to them. He hugged them one last time before saying he loved them as he turned around accepting his fate.

We had to write short story's in class and I wanted to wrote this story because of as movie and show I watched