Rhythm of Determination: Yuli and Jose’s Turnstile Adventure | Teen Ink

Rhythm of Determination: Yuli and Jose’s Turnstile Adventure

By yuliced777 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
yuliced777 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Once upon a starry night in the heart of the city, two siblings, Yuli and Jose, were bursting with excitement. As they had been waiting for this moment for months- the Turnstile concert. As they drove closer to the venue, the adrenaline surged through their veins, their anticipation building with each passing block. The neon lights of the concert venue illuminated the area, casting an electric aura around them. They spotted a parking garage conveniently right next to the venue, making it the perfect place to leave their car. With their hearts pounding and joyous chatter filling the air, they pulled into the garage.

As Yuli and Jose drove up to the parking garage they circled around for a little realizing the garage was full, so they agreed to just leave to find a different one, their excitement took a sudden nosedive. The gate malfunctioned, refusing to budge. Yuli pressed the button frantically, but the gate remained stubbornly shut. Panic surged within them as they realized they were trapped inside the garage. “What do we do, Yuli?” Jose’s voice trembled with anxiety as he glanced at the time, realizing how late they were getting. “We can’t miss this concert, Jose!” Yuli replied, her determination shining through her fear. She spotted an intercom and pressed the button, hoping for a solution. A voice cackled through the speaker, “Sorry folks. We’re experiencing technical difficulties. It might take a while to fix.”  Amidst the chaos of the malfunctioning parking gate, Yuli and Jose faced the derision of the impatient onlookers. They had attracted a crowd, and whispers of enmity against the gate’s malfunctioning grew louder. However, Yuli’ determination to extricate themselves from this situation only intensified, while Jose attempted to conciliate the rowdy bystanders, hoping to calm down the rising tensions.

Time seemed to stretch endlessly as Yuli and Jose anxiously watched the minutes tick away on their phones the concert start time was rapidly approaching, and they were still trapped in the parking garage. Frustration and desperation welled up in them. Finally, as the clock neared the point of no return, the gate creaked to life and slowly lifted, allowing them to exit. Without a moment to spare, they raced towards the concert venue. Their hearts pounded in sync with the rhythm of the music pouring out of the building.

Just as they burst through the concert hall and settled into the crowd, a familiar riff echoed through the venue. It was their favorite Turnstile song, Yuli and Jose exchanged ecstatic glances and started singing along at the top of their lungs, The obstacles they had faced earlier had only intensified the amazing feeling of the moment, they swayed and danced, losing themselves in the music, grateful they had made it just in time to hear their cherished song. In the end, their adventure to the Turnstile concert became a cherished memory, a tale of determination, perseverance, and the joy of experiencing their favorite song live with the roar of the crowd echoing in their hearts.

Some things that made me write this was my love for my brother and how much fun we have together but with a dramatic twist. Some things about me i would like to include is the joy i have for art and drawing its my favorite thing i also love to play video games and spend my free time on my pc.